Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Promise of President Trump  (Read 458 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
The Promise of President Trump
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »

?The more successful he is, the more the left will try to distract with attacks on him and his legitimacy.?

HEATHER R. HIGGINS
Jan. 19, 2017 6:21 p.m. ET

?The Art of the Deal? was in many ways a playbook for Mr. Trump?s campaign, and that?s likely to be true of his presidency. His entire career has been built on managing his brand. Expect him to act with authority, to be the hero who stands up for Americans, takes on CEOs, builds the wall, and ensures better health-care options. Expect initiatives that can be enacted quickly, producing success people can feel in their own lives.

Negotiation is one of the things Mr. Trump believes he does best, so look for his personal involvement in deals, both domestic and foreign. He uses the frisson of anticipation to maintain his audience and dominate the conversation, so expect him to speak, act and tweet outside the box. Lawmakers who oppose Mr. Trump may trigger a tweet and wake up to a constituent firestorm. Conservatives are only now beginning to appreciate that, and it will change the calculus about what will fly in Congress.
Policy folks, who don?t think about marketing, may have a rough time. There are bound to be some real disappointments for conservatives who are thinking ?We have all three branches of government, let?s go for it!? They?ll get discouraged that Mr. Trump isn?t nearly as conservative, or revolutionary, as they hope. Remember the alternative wasn?t Ronald Reagan; it was Hillary Clinton.

Just as he went through three campaign managers, each tailor-made for a phase of the job, expect higher-than-usual turnover, which the media will describe as chaos and discord, and supporters will take as a testament to masterful management.

Progressives are doing Mr. Trump the great favor of displaying their contempt for not only him but his voters. That will make it easier for him to be the People?s President. The more successful he is, the more the left will try to distract with attacks on him and his legitimacy. Expect an ugly spiral that reminds voters who holds them in contempt and helps Mr. Trump win in 2020.

Ms. Higgins is chairman of the Independent Women?s Forum.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: The Promise of President Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »
LMAO, Bullying is what he does best and I don't think it will work for the presidency.  It works on a TV show.  Not in the real world.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:58 PM »
Not in the real world? Maybe you should ask Carrier, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler about that.  :wink:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
You're safe Iddee because Trump doesn't give a rats ass about bees.  Keep track of how much income producing jobs Mr. Trump brings into this country vs. how much goes out.  I predict a huge net loss.  Trump has got Chinese steel in his famous monument in the Big Apple and we know how easy that comes down.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:11:40 PM »
Now you're wishing. Ran out of anything concrete to say?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »

?The more successful he is, the more the left will try to distract with attacks on him and his legitimacy.?

HEATHER R. HIGGINS
Jan. 19, 2017 6:21 p.m. ET

?The Art of the Deal? was in many ways a playbook for Mr. Trump?s campaign, and that?s likely to be true of his presidency. His entire career has been built on managing his brand. Expect him to act with authority, to be the hero who stands up for Americans, takes on CEOs, builds the wall, and ensures better health-care options. Expect initiatives that can be enacted quickly, producing success people can feel in their own lives.

Negotiation is one of the things Mr. Trump believes he does best, so look for his personal involvement in deals, both domestic and foreign. He uses the frisson of anticipation to maintain his audience and dominate the conversation, so expect him to speak, act and tweet outside the box. Lawmakers who oppose Mr. Trump may trigger a tweet and wake up to a constituent firestorm. Conservatives are only now beginning to appreciate that, and it will change the calculus about what will fly in Congress.
Policy folks, who don?t think about marketing, may have a rough time. There are bound to be some real disappointments for conservatives who are thinking ?We have all three branches of government, let?s go for it!? They?ll get discouraged that Mr. Trump isn?t nearly as conservative, or revolutionary, as they hope. Remember the alternative wasn?t Ronald Reagan; it was Hillary Clinton.

Just as he went through three campaign managers, each tailor-made for a phase of the job, expect higher-than-usual turnover, which the media will describe as chaos and discord, and supporters will take as a testament to masterful management.

Progressives are doing Mr. Trump the great favor of displaying their contempt for not only him but his voters. That will make it easier for him to be the People?s President. The more successful he is, the more the left will try to distract with attacks on him and his legitimacy. Expect an ugly spiral that reminds voters who holds them in contempt and helps Mr. Trump win in 2020.

Ms. Higgins is chairman of the Independent Women?s Forum.

Ms. Higgins is "chairman" of the 'Independent' Women?s Forum. It's  got to make you laugh iddee!
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »
It did make me laugh. It's telling it like it is, from someone you wouldn't expect it from.
That's why I posted it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »
It did make me laugh. It's telling it like it is, from someone you wouldn't expect it from.
That's why I posted it.

iddee
What she said is immaterial! It is her title that is the laugh. ie Chairman of an Independent Woman's Forum!!! How can you take seriously anything a person with a contradictory title like that espouses.
Regards
cider
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 04:34:53 PM »
Kinda like changing from a rep or dem to an independent and expecting to become a member of the majority, isn't it? Like running for President on the independent ticket. Hard to have a one person majority.
No, with the modern day use of independent, I can see where a group of independents would have a forum.

*Shel Silverstein*

anything