It was a harsh winter here in Boise, ID. My one remaining hive didn't make it. Lots of dead bees on top of the inner cover and bottom board.
Also a 100 or so on the frames. In between 4 frames there was mold in a 3 inch patch. This was in the top deep box. I had a ventilation hole open on the top. Not sure how to increase the flow of air without completely exposing the hive to sub zero F temps for weeks in a row.
Should I just cut this moldy section out and use these frames for my new package or throw them out?
Also, one of these frames had some white specks in the honey comb. Crystallized honey? Odd. These are not brood comb.