Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Returning to the hive  (Read 2458 times)

Offline HockeymanVT

• New Bee
Returning to the hive
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:53:52 pm »
As a kid (many years ago) I helped my father keep 50+ hives of bees that were used to pollinate  or 200 acres of birdsfoot trefoil that we raised for seed.  The honey was almost as clear as water.  I a about to get some used equipment from a friend.  Another friend is a current beekeeper and we will go through the materials and see if it all needs to be burned or can be safely used. I hope to build a small room in the top floor of my garage to house a hive or two.  Id do this mostly to keep the bears away. It will also make a very nice controlled environment for the bees.  I love creative solutions to problems and I think this project will provide ample opportunity to solves these problems.  I love the Internet and the way it allows collections of fine people with similar passions to meet and share information.

Looking forward to this experience.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Returning to the hive
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:32:44 pm »
Welcome.  I thought Underhill was in middle earth, aka Hobbitsville.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline HockeymanVT

• New Bee
Returning to the hive
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 01:49:14 pm »
Actually Underhill means "Under the 'hill'  of Mt. Mansfield", out highest peak at almost 1 mile high. Not much by western standards but a pretty good bump for VT.

anything