Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping so great...."like being on Crack!"  (Read 1726 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Beekeeping so great...."like being on Crack!"
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:49 am »
Yep....that is the new marketing being used with promoting beekeeping. "Like on Crack" is the message. I'm sure there will soon be t-shirts, bumper stickers, and coffee mugs, all with the "Beekeeping....like on CRACK!"

Here is the story: http://www.koat.com/news/entertainment/Manhattan-s-busiest-beekeeper-is-a-man-with-a-mission/-/9153444/13415704/-/osa9t2z/-/index.html

And to think I thought folks running around calling honey "puke" was bad enough. Now we equate beekeeping to being on crack. Only in beekeeping.  :roll:

Hagen Daaz will probably be selling "Crack Honey" ice cream soon. Happy meals will come with a small piece of "crack" ( a little sugar cube) and a smoke pipe for the kiddies.

Will be hard to top this one.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Blackwater Bee

• New Bee
Re: Beekeeping so great...."like being on Crack!"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:17:35 am »
The Crack thing needs to go, but I still like Andrew's enthusiasm though.

This one "Cracks" me up;

As a founder of the New York City Beekeepers Association, Cote helped legalize beekeeping in the city, working with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to develop a best-practices guide for tending hives in the five boroughs. The NYCBA's mission is to promote safe and responsible beekeeping.

:roll:

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:05 am »
Yep....that is the new marketing being used with promoting beekeeping. "Like on Crack" is the message. I'm sure there will soon be t-shirts, bumper stickers, and coffee mugs, all with the "Beekeeping....like on CRACK!"

Here is the story: http://www.koat.com/news/entertainment/Manhattan-s-busiest-beekeeper-is-a-man-with-a-mission/-/9153444/13415704/-/osa9t2z/-/index.html

And to think I thought folks running around calling honey "puke" was bad enough. Now we equate beekeeping to being on crack. Only in beekeeping.  :roll:

Hagen Daaz will probably be selling "Crack Honey" ice cream soon. Happy meals will come with a small piece of "crack" ( a little sugar cube) and a smoke pipe for the kiddies.

Will be hard to top this one.

CNN Put beekeeping on the same level as Crack?  NOT the beekeeper.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:33:31 am »
Where are you getting that?

I read the article word for word....."It's like crack" That's how Andrew Cote describes his obsession with beekeeping,......

Are they not clearly stating that this crack comment is how Andrew describes HIS obsession?

They clearly use quotation marks giving credit as something said.

But go ahead, I'm interested in hearing how this will be rationalized.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:27:43 am »
well I guess Andrew like crack too!  Probably to expensive for his smoker though!
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 01:29:31 pm »
OK, so he made a bad comparison, the point I think he's trying to make is that beekeeping is very addictive. I think most everyone here would agree with him there. There's no denying the amount of good he has done for bees and beekeepers. I won't jump on the bus to crucify him over a bad choice of words.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »
Yeah, he should have said something like "like being on heroin".

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline carlfaba10t

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:16 pm »
I will not touch it with a 10ft ________________________________POLE, Quacks me up.
Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »
Maybe he's smoking crystallized honey.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »
Where are you getting that?

I read the article word for word....."It's like crack" That's how Andrew Cote describes his obsession with beekeeping,......

Are they not clearly stating that this crack comment is how Andrew describes HIS obsession?

They clearly use quotation marks giving credit as something said.

But go ahead, I'm interested in hearing how this will be rationalized.

I see the sentence is spit in two OMG BjornBee you are right.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:54 pm »
TTThhhheerree iiisss nnnnooothhhiiingg wwrooongg wiiiithh BBeeekkkkeeeepppiiing.dooooooeesssnnn'''t eeeeeefeeectttt mmmmmeeee aaatttt allllllll. :-D :mrgreen: My Geetto bee hive has your NO. :mrgreen: