Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for used bee keeping equiptment.  (Read 1769 times)

Offline garlicfarmer

• New Bee
Looking for used bee keeping equiptment.
« on: July 28, 2012, 11:30:16 pm »
My name is Tom Vanden Bosch.  I am looking for used bee equiptment.  All kinds.  Let me know what you have and how much you want.  Thanks Tom

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Looking for used bee keeping equiptment.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 11:38:57 pm »
Might be helpful if folks know where you were located at! :?
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15:16 am »
that would help and also try craigs list.  i have gotten some good deals that way.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:08:01 am »
Also join a local bee club, some members will help a newbee.  Used equipment you need to know if their bees are healthy, giving you equip from a hive that has something will not help.  There is a commerical beek in our club gave me 150 freshly extracted frames about 100 deep and 50 mediums.  At the time I didn't know what I do now, I stripped the all to the bare frame and put them in foundationless.

Joe

Offline tryintolearn

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:53:12 am »
newbee here too...talked to a vet with 300 plus hives and he offered to sell me some drawn comb frames..(shallow) which i was looking for med...and he said ill sell ya drawn comb frames 20.00 apiece...ouch....and if i was a vet id be looking to keep the newbee interested and excited

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »
Drawn comb has it's value.    That's why we extract and are not cutting it out of the frames, mostly.   Word of mouth is the best way to find good used equipment.   

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 07:28:06 pm »
Maybe trade garlic for bees  :)

Offline garlicfarmer

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »
This would work.  I am located in Hesperia Michigan.  I need some of every kind of equiptment.  Thanks Tom

Offline uglyfrozenfish

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 10:58:50 am »
Tom,
I would second the. Raigslist recommendation. Alastair year I found an add for someone offloading all their equipment.  I ended up with a truckload of equipment. My advice is to be diligent and watch on Craigslist because bee equipment goes fast. Second buy a torch and scorch any used equipment you buy to lessen the chances of unwanted critters.
Lee

P.s.  my wife loves garlic. If you are a garlic farmer I might be willing to trade equipment for garlic. PM me if your interested.