Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just found this FYI  (Read 1868 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Just found this FYI
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:26:46 am »
I would like to see a study of how much or widespread that stuff is used in agriculture for each year to compare with bee losses.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:02:16 pm »
I smell $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline oliver

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »
We are surronded by corn, no way to get away from it, will be checking my neighbors seed sacks..Wonder what this does to corn syrup which is added to everything now..Bees  may not have a voice but  kids?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »
 they have said that the problem in EROUPE was with they seed coat-and the seed drills used to plant the seed-seams that there was alot of coating turning to dust and being blown about by the wind-to a near by sunflower field -so theres potential problem just getting seed in the ground-i have also heard that it is build up in the soil-when you ask bayer they say that it is water soluble and washes out-so now its in the AIR- WATTER and POLLEN-RDY-B

Offline skatesailor

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »
I followed a series of articles on the subject. I came across a post that followed an article. This fellow seems to have a handle on the subject. Heres the post:
The German bee monitoring has been misused in this discussion again in an attempt to divert attention away from Clothianidin as a suspect. Actually, the whole point of this research project was to perform scientific theatre in order to create the public impression that pesticides are not to blame for colony losses. See my article from a few years ago:

http://www.beekeeping.com/arti...

Over the years, press release after press release went out, claiming, that the scientific data showed, that the varroa mite was the key culprit. The actual data produced by the project were so poor, that the French regulatory body AFFSA dismissed them, when Bayer tried to use them in the approval process.

Just a few months ago, it was discovered, that a significant portion of the varroa data had been misallocated in the database for years. Until very recently, nobody had looked at the data closely enough to discover this glaring error. This is not surprising, since the PR spin for the project was predetermined and the actual data did not matter that much.

The industry goal of regulatory inaction was accomplished and the products stayed on the market until the major disaster in 2008, where the connection became too obvious to deny.

Walter Haefeker
President
European Professional Beekeepers Association
Member of the Board of Directors
German Professional Beekeepers Association
Deutscher Berufs und Erwerbsimkerbund e.V

anything