Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my first beehive  (Read 3842 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
my first beehive
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: my first beehive
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
I like the fact that you can see both the fence and the carpet in use at the hive.   Good shot.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:03 pm »
Man, that's just purdy!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:51:39 am »
I like the natural wood. I painted mine but now wish I would have just left them natural. Nice shot.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »
 :)

Offline ScottAz

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 02:22:08 pm »
Thanks for posting the short video! I liked watching the bees come and go and I really like the look of your hive. I am almost certainly going to go the same way with my hives ... but I am (paralysis by analysis) still weighing my stain/finish/preservative options. I am also still nailing my supers and such together and won't get bees until next April ... so there's "time." Thanks again!

Scott