Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Went up and looked at them tonight  (Read 1605 times)

Offline zzen01

• House Bee
Went up and looked at them tonight
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:22 pm »
Went up and looked at them tonight both of them had bees coming in and out. Looked at the top feeder one had alot of bees up there(must have been supper time) the other had about 2 doz or so eating syrup(they must be early feeders(prob had to go see "Dancing w/ the Stars" or "American Idol")) :-). Is this normal?

Offline zzen01

• House Bee
Re: Went up and looked at them tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:27 pm »
Before I hived them on Sat we used varnish last monday to outside coat the hives. Will this hurt them?

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:07:08 am »
Before I hived them on Sat we used varnish last monday to outside coat the hives. Will this hurt them?

Not if it's dry.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:58:00 am »
>>>>(they must be early feeders(prob had to go see "Dancing w/ the Stars" or "American Idol")) smiley. Is this normal? <<<<

NO, it isn't normal at all. Something terribly wrong. They normally watch the outdoor channel or national geo.   :roll:   :evil:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*