Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: youtube videos do not play right  (Read 11999 times)

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
youtube videos do not play right
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:10:53 am »
I have been having problems watching youtube videos, most of them are the ones JP posts. The audio is fine, but when the video starts to play it is all blurred out and mostly green in color, then sometimes the video will come in plain but slow like it is having a hard time buffering.

I am bummed out about this and need help, I am pretty stupid when it comes to computers so you will need to walk me through it.

This is a toshiba satelite A665 running windows 7, it does not matter if it is on firefox or ie.

HELP ME PLEASE!!! :-D
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: youtube videos do not play right
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:53 am »
Weird.   If when the video starts and you hit pause to let the entire video download, then hit play to watch to see if the video is normal or not.   That way we can rule out download speed problems.   

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 12:42:47 am »
tried that, no go
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:44:05 am »
 :idunno:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 01:32:45 am »
do you get any error messages?  i was having problems with IE9 and not being able to download the latest version of flash.  when i was looking for an answer, i saw your complaint.  try doing some google searches and see if you can find the fix.  only thing is, i don't know why you'd have the problem in firefox unless you are opening stuff by default with IE.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:54:38 am »
Schawee recently had to have his laptop rebuilt because of viruses and one of his complaints was just as you described, seeing green spots/blobs while trying to view videos.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline preston39

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
I had the same experience.

Uninstall and remove/empty flashplayer from your computer and download the latest version.

It worked for me.
I'm  Preston

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:43:25 am »
thanks a heap, I will try it out later today, going to the hay field this morning to bale hay.

Offline preston39

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:50 am »
I forgot to add;

Apparently it corrupts easily from use.
I'm  Preston

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:40:48 pm »
uninstalled and cleared out all of the adobe flash player and installed the latest version, still no go

It does it on the wifes laptop also (same as mine) but not on her desk top.

JP it seems like it is your videos mostly, I am wondering if it has something to do with the editing software you use, even some of the videos on yahoo news will do it. :? :? :?

It played the video Irwin posted about the swarm with out any problems and I have been watching a bunch of vids from youtube just the other day with no problems. Got me stumped.

Hope I do not have to send it in for repairs :'( :'(

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »
what version of windows are you using on the ones that don't play right.  same on each?  which version of IE are you using on each?  same?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »
This is a strange one indeed... I watch all of JPtheBeeman's videos and Schawee videos all play great as any other.

It is interesting that "other videos" seem to play fine and his/theirs" not, I can't imagine.

I don't think you mentioned the internet service, although unless it is dial-up, I doubt it makes any difference. I spend hours a day watch streaming video of all types, from Youtube, Vimeo, Xfinity, Prime Account Amazon and all sorts of downloaded stuff as well as streaming. And although this is a kick a$$ machine I have here, I still watch the same stuff on my mini laptops (netbooks) without issue.

I think we are all stumped at this one.

I was thinking though, in the lower right corner you have various resolution options, whether played in a window (default) or in full screen mode - does the problem still exist if you change the resolution or window size?? If it does, then THAT only adds to the mystery, but thought it worth knowing.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 10:34:42 pm »
what version of windows are you using on the ones that don't play right.  same on each?  which version of IE are you using on each?  same?

on mine...........windows 7........ie 9

her laptop.......windows 7........ie9

her desk top...vista..................ie 9

John it does not matter if opened from the post or directly from youtube, in the window or full screen still will not work.

our internet service is through TDS which is our telephone company and it is high speed.

I am puzzled for sure.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:18 pm »
bad video

now what do you think??

Beemaster Writes: NOTE EVERYONE, this is a video, not a screen capture!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:51:15 pm by beemaster »

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 10:52:42 pm »
Looks fine to me.     :-D    I just had to say that.   I would reload the software and see if that cleans it up.   

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
HAHA Allen..........real funny :-D :-D

What software are you talking about? remember I am just a dumb redneck now!!

Offline preston39

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »
For what it is worth;

Tune the computer to include graphics...may be corrupted.
I'm  Preston

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »
your are talking over my head again, lead me around by the hand now (I can tuna fish but not a computer)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 11:41:58 pm »
Thank for video recording it for us...

I see a few things:

I think it is a DRIVER ISSUE or NOT enough video RAM (weak or low-end video card)

It isn't a buffer issue, you are not freezing up with the spinning arrows, you are missing frames per second, that again sounds either like the video card, or the driver software (flash or whatever) that displays the video on your screen.

I'd try this, to see if anything improves or worsens:

go to the Windows Desktop (if it is a mac, I know nothing about it) but with Windows, right click the mouse on the desktop choose DISPLAY or SCREEN RESOLUTION and see what it is - choose a smaller number - let's say it is 1024X768 try 800X600 (note your desktop icons will be all over the place, you can fix that later by dragging them around) if the resolution is VERY HIGH as in 1920X1080 that may be WAY MORE than your computer can handle - nothing to do with Windows (which offers that high of a resolution) but our video card cannot display a high resolution of that size.

No matter what, choose a SMALLER combination of numbers and retry the video - that MAY fix your problem right there.

Lastly, try other services like Xfinity.com or Hulu.com or Fancast.com and see if they have similar issues - do this with the existing screen resolution first, then with a smaller. NOTE: every time you decrease the resolution of a screen, images and text (everything) appears larger- what you are doing is squeezing LESS pixels in the same area, so less memory is needed from a video card to display the images.

That is about all I got, unless indeed the video player software is corrupt or incompatable with your computer's operating system - really only the first part of this sentence is likely, but JP broadcasts his videos at 480 resolution, many of mine at at 720 - the 720 is much large, thus contains much more data, and thus thus - should be harder to stream on your screen if it is a video card issue.

NOTE TOO THAT: you can view the internet at pretty much any resolution and not see problems like you video recorded above - but a soon as you ask the PC to start handling FRAMES PER SECOND as is the case with video, you are asking the same card to do something VERY different. Try this stuff.

Again, right mouse click on the desktop and choose change resolution or CHANGE DISPLAY (different windows versions say different things) but if you need to, look under control panel for the same option. And again, the LOWER number combination, the BIGGER things appear and the SIMPLER they are for the computer to manage.

Lastly, not all computer video cards HANDLE all the resolutions that Windows offers, so you may see 7 or 8 combinations of screen sizes, but your video board may only recognize 4 or 5 of them.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 12:21:25 am »
Thanks John, but it did not work. My resolution is set at 1366 x768, went all the way down to 800 x 600.

Your videos work just fine.

Still wondering if it is a compatibility problem with what JP is using to edit his videos with.

Will try the other things tomorrow evening, bed time now.

Thanks everybody for your time and effort.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:56 am »
I remember you saying it was a JP issue - that still is bizarre - can't say I didn't try :) it will be interesting if it is an editing software issue, that seems crazy, but never found anything yet with computers that isn't from time to time. Good luck.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 01:22:31 am »
you problem is with windows 7, IE9, and you flash player.  there is no adobe flash support for IE9 and that's your default for playing media.  you need to download the beta program from adobe called adobe square.  you said it works on your wifes desktop and she has vista. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:47 am »
and...then run IE in 64 bit if you are not already.  they no longer support the 32 for win 7 and you can't even download it anymore.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:15 am »
Thanks John, but it did not work. My resolution is set at 1366 x768, went all the way down to 800 x 600.

Your videos work just fine.

Still wondering if it is a compatibility problem with what JP is using to edit his videos with.

Will try the other things tomorrow evening, bed time now.

Thanks everybody for your time and effort.

I edit using imovie on my imac. Any over ten minutes in length I upload to itunes first then upload through google (you tube). Any under ten minutes in length I upload directly from imovie to you tube.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »
JP I will take a look at that, some of them will play just fine but others will not.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 02:32:30 pm »
JP you are on to something there, I went to youtube and brought up all of your videos and the ones under 10 min worked like a charm, over ten min were green looking.

now what, any suggestions???

Sounds like itunes is doing something goofy to them.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:20 am »
JP you are on to something there, I went to youtube and brought up all of your videos and the ones under 10 min worked like a charm, over ten min were green looking.

now what, any suggestions???

Sounds like itunes is doing something goofy to them.

If anything you tube could be screwing something up, I don't know. You seem to be the only one having problems viewing some of the videos, I'm still thinking its on your end.

...JP

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 05:22:01 pm »
Could it be a HD thing ?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Danger Brown

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 01:44:01 pm »
I would expect it to either be a video card driver issue or a video card that needs to be replaced.
Here is a basic step by step guide to updating your video drivers.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4921037_update-display-drivers-windows-xp.html
To clarify, once you get to the device manager, try to figure out which one is your video card and be sure to click all the little plus signs. If you are in doubt, right click on everything you don't know and select "update driver" on everything.

If that doesn't work, I would uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your video card.
If you aren't sure which is your video card, google some of the terms you see in the device manager section until you identify your video card.

If all that fails, I would replace your video card which is not as expensive as you might think. Though it might be a hassle with a laptop. Sometimes video cards are built into motherboards which would be bad. You should be able to google "video card replacement [computer model]" and probably find something on it.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »
Well my nephew figured it out (I am computer stupid) some kind of accelerator was turned on and fouling up the .m4v video files.

Problem solved, now I get to watch JP and Eagle Eyes at work!! YIPPIE!! :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 12:42:43 pm »
Glad you got it figured out G.

...JP

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 12:50:31 pm »
was not me that figured it out, too dumb for that.