Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sopranos  (Read 6653 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Sopranos
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:20:49 am »
Im now up to Season umm season 5 after buying the DVD collection and never watching an episode on TV.

Its interesting, some very very good character acting. Franki Valli just popped up!

I hope its filmed in NJ, so I can relate it to where the Boss lives.

Im not much of a fan of violence nowdays, having dealt with the claret in me old days working in the hospital, but its interesting seeing how its just part of the job in this show.

I like the bloke with the Eddie Munster hair and the bloke with the gull wings best.

That FBI stooge tart has a pretty body but a head like a robbers dog.

Gandolfi, (scuse spelling) is very good, Ive only seen him in one other thing, a movie.

Also that cousin Tony, the creepy eyed guy, wasnt he the creep in all those sex crime movies? He always played a deviant.

Old Junior is a hoot, I klnow his face, hes been in more things than salt and pepper.

I can see why this was the hit it was, although Im glad I dont have any ads and can skip the worlds longest intro each episode.

Filming to the sequel of band of brothers, "war in the pacific" has wrapped up here. When its on, Ill be able to bore all of you to death as its my home town that its filmed in.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Re: Sopranos
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:10:29 am »
Crikey!!!!!!!!!!!

Remind me never to park next to a security guard! :roll:

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:20:43 am »
I loved to watch The Sopranos. The earlier shows were the best. I did not care for the direction spin for the last series or two.

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:40:53 pm »
No ads on the Sopranos, it ran on HBO.  I only watched it for two seasons, I gave up paying for premium channels long ago.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:38:08 pm »
Mick did you know that Silvio is Steve Van Zant from E Street Band and is bald as a cucumber... Glad you like it buddie. I also drove down the same parkway that is in the beginning of each episode on my way to Beemasters house.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 03:06:57 am »
Wow Dallas, now that you mention it, he does look familiar. I love his grimaces, very funny.

Yes the change of direction/dreams etc is a bit of a shame, I guess they changed writers or directors or something.

If it aint broke, dont fix it, but thats Hollywood for ya!

Poor old Tonys now in a coma, Im powering through the episodes, great fun.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 06:21:33 am »
Oh dear, now that poor bloke is caught in the blue oyster bar, methinks theres about to be two less crooks in this show lol. Ba Boom!

My Gaydar is flashing at Little Anthony come to think of it, somethings up with him.

I bet youre all laughing ya heads off coz you know the outcome :)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:47:27 am »
Ouch, Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall? Its just gone off the rails to a degree.

Might as well have used real names for everything.. kinda belittles all the good work done so far, theres a definate change in direction about the start of season 4.

How many episodes in season 6, this is killing me lol.

IMO they had seasons 1-4 planned, the rest is just not the same quality.

Good fun tho.

Im still waiting for beemaster to show up as an extra!

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:52:59 am »
Blimey, the big fella has found love, hes turned into a fire man!

Its nice to see him happy, but after what Ive seen, its all gunna go kaput, I can feel it.

The older I get, the more I couldnt give a hoot what people do in their bedroom. Lifes too short to be prejudiced. But Im still an Aussie redneck at heart, despite the fact we aint got no guns. You can be a redneck and not be a :>?<, well I reckon you can.

This weird bump in the middle of this series seems to be gone, but its all a bit sad. But its a very clever TV show.

So its time for some Hogans Heroes to cheer meself up!

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 12:37:50 pm »
my wife and I netflixed all the sopranos last summer and we enjoyed it a lot....i liked the earlier ones a lot more than the later ones though.
i used to live in NY and in the 80's i worked for a CPA firm with a client in elizabeth, nj so a lot of the opening credits scenes are vaguely familiar.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:57:48 am »
Well that was fun, open ended ending to make sure everyone keeps buying the merchandise, very clever.

Downolad "Underbelly" from the torrent sites. Its about 13 episodes and is the aussie version of Sopranos, but a true story, although its TV aint it?

Another series? no way, a movie? maybe!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 09:00:20 am »
Glad you made your way through it Mick! You recognise Uncle Junior from The God Father 2, he played Johnny Ola - the one who got Fredo on his brother Micheal Corlione's dead list. The famous scene on New Years Eve in Havana, "I knew it was you Fredo, you broke my heart!" then the kiss of death and a promise by Micheal that Fredo will not be killed until their Mother dies. All that was left over from where 2 guys with guns shot apart the bedroom when Micheal and his wife Kay were in their bedroom after the opening party, and she asked "Why are the curtains open?" then machine guns blaze. Michael knew it was an inside job, and vengence was served at the end of the movie :)

Like almost everyone in America claims, the God Father (and part two also) were some of the greatest American Films Made! I liked part two better than one, I loved seeing Deniro play a you Vito Corlione rising to power, taking down the EVIL DON and becoming a powerful and just Don in his place. Great Films, even part 3 (with all its flaws and political BS) had exellent moments, the helecoptor shooting into the Vegas Hotel, trying to take out 4 of the 5 families was classic if you didn't know it was coming.

I do have a good film to see if you haven't Mick - try EASTERN PROMISES, a tough and in your face look at one Russian Mob family living in England and running a messed up family trying to handle news of evidence that could take the family down. VERY GOOD FILM.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:04 am »
Glad you made your way through it Mick! You recognise Uncle Junior from The God Father 2, he played Johnny Ola - the one who got Fredo on his brother Micheal Corlione's dead list. The famous scene on New Years Eve in Havana, "I knew it was you Fredo, you broke my heart!" then the kiss of death and a promise by Micheal that Fredo will not be killed until their Mother dies. All that was left over from where 2 guys with guns shot apart the bedroom when Micheal and his wife Kay were in their bedroom after the opening party, and she asked "Why are the curtains open?" then machine guns blaze. Michael knew it was an inside job, and vengence was served at the end of the movie :)

Like almost everyone in America claims, the God Father (and part two also) were some of the greatest American Films Made! I liked part two better than one, I loved seeing Deniro play a you Vito Corlione rising to power, taking down the EVIL DON and becoming a powerful and just Don in his place. Great Films, even part 3 (with all its flaws and political BS) had exellent moments, the helecoptor shooting into the Vegas Hotel, trying to take out 4 of the 5 families was classic if you didn't know it was coming.

I do have a good film to see if you haven't Mick - try EASTERN PROMISES, a tough and in your face look at one Russian Mob family living in England and running a messed up family trying to handle news of evidence that could take the family down. VERY GOOD FILM.

Eastern Promises was very good, very underrated IMO. Glad to see you are still giving those movies a workout boss.

Godfather Trilogy is certainly a standout.

Download La Piovra (The Octopus) from the torrent TV sites if you can. You will need english subs version, but its an Italian 8 year miniseries on the Mafia from the Italian way of life. Gruesome, bloody, no holds barred, its the best TV series I have seen. Must be 60-80 episodes in all.