Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Musician beeks? Post your vids/music here.  (Read 11542 times)

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
Musician beeks? Post your vids/music here.
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »
Here's a quick solo acoustic guitar piece (my first youtube vid attempt).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwyL8fEwcwM&fmt=22[/youtube]

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Musician beeks? Post your vids/music here.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:12:10 pm »
Dane, good job of posting the u-tube.  BUT...was that you?  I loved the music it was very good.   Have a great, most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:16:00 pm »
Dane, good job of posting the u-tube.  BUT...was that you?  I loved the music it was very good.   Have a great, most wonderful day, Cindi

Thanks Cindi  :)  Oui, c'est moi!  Don't recognize me?  Or did you mean the music?   It's me playing & an original song too.   Just something goofy I came up with.  :mrgreen:  Glad ya likes it!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:24:43 pm »
Dane, no I actually did not realize that was you, you don't look like in the avitar picture at all.  I thought it may be you.  BUT....there was even a different name when I double clicked on the pic and went to the actual u-tube site.  Do you use a different name?  Elaborate please (you know me, I need to know EVERYTHING, smiling).  I did totally love the music though, very pretty.  I didn't want to complement you too much in the prior post in case it wasn't you, smiling.....have that most wonderful and awesomely great day, love life. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:29:20 pm »
It's all me - same guy (do I look that different?) - many "nom de 'nets".   8-)  Thanks again ~ I'll be uploading more music ASAP.

See if you can watch that vid in HiDef (720) ~> linky (might be able to recognize me better, lol + the sound quality is MUCH improved)

Cheers,
Dane aka Paje' aka Scott  :-P

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:32:56 pm »
Paje, Scott, Dane, whomever the devil you are!!!  That is too cool, yes, you do look THAT different, you are much more handsome in your u-tube picture, seriously, smiling, everyone needs to be told how they look to another, and I am not afraid to say you are cute, smiling,  :-D.  My Husband overheard your music and asked me to send him the link to u-tube, which I did.  He was very impressed with your song and playing, (he plays guitar too).  So keep that up, whomever you are,  8-) :lol:  AND....have that most greatfully wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »
Ah, now I know you must have clicked on the wrong vid.  I wuz born ugly.  ;)  haha - thanks for the encouragement!  :-*  That song is a lot more funky than my usual style & is actually for an ensemble (rock-oriented), but I thought it worked good as an acoustic solo too.  I'll keep posting links to vids/songs as I upload them.  I've got quite the variety (sure to find something you hate eventually!  hahaha)

:-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:48:41 pm »
 :) :) :)  Cindi

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 11:18:26 am »
You got it going Dane :-D That was great is that the same hat that your wearing in your avatar ?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:03:49 pm »
You got it going Dane :-D That was great is that the same hat that your wearing in your avatar ?

Thanks Irwin!  Different hat!   That must be why Cindi didn't recognize me!   ;)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:59:01 pm »
That was nice Dane. I recognized you more in HD. That HD is really cool. I never saw that before.
Thanks for sharing this.

Annette

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 12:05:15 am »
That was GREAT Dane!!!
I can see all the musical stuff in there too!
Its amazing what people can do in here, I mean their other lives besides bees!
And the youtube quality was GREAT TOO!...way ta go!

your friend,
john

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 11:52:43 am »
Thanks Anette & John!!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »
Very nice Dane! That guitar is sure pretty.  Cindi is right, you are a cutie!  :-D  Wish we had a big room for all Bruces stuff.. :-x  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 09:24:42 pm »
Very nice Dane! That guitar is sure pretty.  Cindi is right, you are a cutie!  :-D  Wish we had a big room for all Bruces stuff.. :-x  J

Thanks poka-bee!  I'm really happy with the guitar as well (it was my first acoustic custom order/build).

Cutie ha?  I think you all must have a thing for "guitar-face".  ;)

Be careful what you wish for (my "big studio/room" is also the master bedroom, hahaha)!!

Cheers,
Dane

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:23:27 am »
Dane you must have a very understanding wife :) I had to go to Portland the other day to see a friend at OHSU and got lost in down town Portland sure wish I had your phone number. That place scares the poop out of me I'm a small town person.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 10:55:44 am »
Irwin, Portland is scary, I too find it very hard to navigate, worse than Seattle actually & a nightmare with construction!  Dane, your wife is understanding but it looks like you keep your stuff organized, not dropped in front of the dresser or doors with no way to get to anything!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:07 pm »
Dane has a Wife?  Never knew that.  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 08:01:53 pm »
Scott, you have real talent there man. I really enjoyed that piece and hey, funky's a good thing!

For some reason couldn't get the video to play in HD, it came up ok but kept buffering and buffering...

I would love to hear more of your music.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »
Haha - thanks guys!  We've loads of activities and interests and look at it more like "you are what you do" than anything getting in the way.  Though, you're both quite right, it does often require some serious organizing!  lol!

Portland driving is bad?  After living near both Chicago & San Francisco I usually list driving here as one of the positive aspects - parking too! (try to find parking downtown Chicago and $$ in SF!!).   I did get turned around my first drive thru Portland though (before I had GPS).  Transition from 26E to 26W takes some bizarre twists that are nigh impossible to follow on any map.  Check it out:

Driving directions to SE Powell Blvd/US-26
2.7 mi – about 6 mins
1.   Head east on US-26 E      
2.   Take the exit toward The Dalles/Salem      
3.   Merge onto I-405 S      
4.   Take exit 1C for 6th Ave/US-26 E      
5.   Merge onto SW Broadway/US-26      
6.   Slight right to stay on SW Broadway/US-26
Continue to follow US-26
7.   Turn left at SW Sheridan St/US-26      
8.   Turn right at SW 3rd Ave/US-26      
9.   Slight left at SW Arthur St      
10.   SW Arthur St turns right and becomes SW Ross Island Way/US-26      
11.   Slight left to stay on SW Ross Island Way/US-26
Continue to follow US-26

That's a lot of turns for 2.7 miles and trying just to stay on the same highway!  lol!

Scott, you have real talent there man. I really enjoyed that piece and hey, funky's a good thing!

For some reason couldn't get the video to play in HD, it came up ok but kept buffering and buffering...

I would love to hear more of your music.

...JP

Thanks JP!  Really glad ya like it.  I'll have to bust out some Zydeco for ya next.  ;)  heh - seriously though, I'll try to get more tunes up ASAP.  The HD option is controlled by youtube.  I'm unsure what algorithm/metrics they go by (Internet Speed + monitor specs?) to determine when they make it available... but it's not always available and for everyone.

No other musician beeks with vids?  I guess I should change the thread title to "Dane's Tunes"!!  ;)

Cheers!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 12:20:01 am »
When I play, its too loud and gets all distorted in the processing!!!
Otherwise, I'd play something for you!
I think I'm really good...But I dont think the rest of the county likes it when i practice!! :-D

your friend,
john

Offline BarneyG

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 03:42:08 am »
Dane you must have a very understanding wife :) I had to go to Portland the other day to see a friend at OHSU and got lost in down town Portland sure wish I had your phone number. That place scares the poop out of me I'm a small town person.
  Irwin you should get one of them  GPS  them thing work great ! have a great day! Barney
Barney

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 07:09:02 am »
Next time I leave my area I will that should be in about 5 years

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »
Quandle,
Those are great!!
and, by the way, welcome to the forums!!
your friend,
john

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 12:39:34 am »
Is that Koa wood?

I have a Taylor 912, full body ( no cut away )...a might nice thang.  I do love Koa wood guitars though...yum.

Delicious song oh 'ye of many names!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 10:13:47 pm »
Yeh, Distorted, like this!
your friend,
john
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eW-KBmjBqg

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 01:14:47 am »
I'm the one on the left during the interviews, the one on the right playing bass in the actual songs.

Very pro production qandle. Acoustic bass!  I like it. =)

Is that Koa wood?

I have a Taylor 912, full body ( no cut away )...a might nice thang.  I do love Koa wood guitars though...yum.

Delicious song oh 'ye of many names!

Why, thank you Ms. DVD!  :-*  Aha - you've got a nice Taylor ~> congrats!  I love Koa as well, and have an all Koa electric guitar, but the specs on the acoustic I'm playing in that vid are:

Make: Batson Guitars
Model: Grand Concert, Venetian
Soundboard: Sinker Redwood
Back & Sides: Myrtlewood
Neck: Maple
Binding, Bevel & Back-Plate: Curly Claro Walnut
Purfling: Ebony & Purpleheart
Fretboard: Myrtlewood, radial (fanned) frets
Frets: Radial
Saddle & Nut: Fossilized Walrus Ivory
Tuners: black chrome Gotoh 510z (21:1) w/ebony pegs

All West Coast woods  ;)  Pretty thing too (& sounds great imho!)

Upload a song for us please!   8-)

Yeh, Distorted, like this!
your friend,
john
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eW-KBmjBqg

hahaha!  Hey - you might like this guy John, check it out ~>
[youtube]Cbtf-PG4B-8[/youtube]

We finally got some decent spring weather here... 79°F today.  The warmest day in over 6 months was when we hit 60 a few days ago.  Unreal crappy Winter this year!  Unless one prefers wet and cold, lol.  Nice now though... (for the moment).

I leave you with a little honey-house @ sunset images (form earlier this evening) from a warm Spring Pacific Northwest.

Cheers!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
Gee dane,...You REAL:LY think I'm that good????Thanks!!! :-D
By the way...I think that guitar of yours is about the fanciest one Ive ever seen!.I never knew of one with a hole in the bottom and not the front!...Very coool!
your friend,
john

anything