Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: any of you use NO spacer when using the bulk APIGUARD treatment  (Read 2502 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
i am using the apiguard bulk bucket with the thin application sheets. can i not use the 3/4'' spacer?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: any of you use NO spacer when using the bulk APIGUARD treatment
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:20:19 am »
probably, but the apiguard evaporates and goes down into the hive.  a little more air space and it will be more efficient.  you can make your own.  i made a few for my hives and i'm no woodworker! ;)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline tryintolearn

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:36 am »
i used the place pack apiguard...just put it on the top of the frames....did i do this right?  my sluggish hive took off not too long after i had the treatment in the deep.   havent noticed near as many dead bees in front of the hive since then...left the treatment in for 2 weeks then removed it.   seems it worked for me

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:55 pm »
i used the place pack apiguard...just put it on the top of the frames....did i do this right?  my sluggish hive took off not too long after i had the treatment in the deep.   havent noticed near as many dead bees in front of the hive since then...left the treatment in for 2 weeks then removed it.   seems it worked for me

What do u think the dead bees are from?

Offline johng

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »
You need to do another two week treatment. Apigaurd is supposed to be two treatments two weeks each.

Offline tryintolearn

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:31:14 am »
many thanks johng