Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No witnesses to the bees duties.  (Read 1245 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
No witnesses to the bees duties.
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:06:27 am »
No witnesses. No evidence. Not one person reported running from the scene in pain.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/sting-operation-thieves-chased-off-by-swarm-of-bees-16201543.html

But a beekeeper with hyped daydreams paints another questionable picture for the public to read about. And the message is clear....Go near a beehive, and these bees become "attack" guards, willing to sting anyone coming close with devastating results.

And once again, those reading this hyped story, are reinforced with the notion that honey bees are dangerous.

Thank another beekeeper, and one that came up with a fantasy story, on why the public fears honey bees.

The robbers could of stopped and ran for any number of reasons. But there is no proof that thieves were stung, although I'm sure they are still checking the hospitals in the area.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: No witnesses to the bees duties.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »
I have thought about putting a hive (with no bees) in a flower gardern in front of  home and put sign  "Killer Bees".  We don't have any other livestock any more.  I am out in the country, nearest neighbor is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile, used to be a mile in any direction.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: No witnesses to the bees duties.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »
The alarm man was alarmed when he came over to the house back in the summer and my wife told  him that we do not even lock the back door to the back porch and there was no need to check that door to check the alarm.  He looked out there and saw a bunch of bee hives and agreed that he didn't need to be out there.  No worries here.   :-D