Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Humor of Finnish Winter War - 1939  (Read 3788 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Humor of Finnish Winter War - 1939
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:14:03 pm »
 Humor of Finnish Winter War

A large group of Russian soldiers in the border area in 1939 are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a small hill:  "One Finnish soldier is better than ten Russian".

The Russian commander quickly orders 10 of his best men over the hill where Upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence.

The voice once again calls out:   "One Finn is better than one hundred Russian."

Furious, the Russian commander sends his next best 100 troops over the hill and instantly a huge gun fight commences.

After 10 minutes of battle, again Silence.

The calm Finnish voice calls out again:

"One Finn is better than one thousand Russians"

The enraged Russian commander musters

1000 fighters and sends them to the other side

of the hill. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades,

rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible

battle is fought.... Then Silence.

Eventually one badly wounded Russian fighter crawls back over the hill and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men......it's a trap. There's two of them."
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Humor of Finnish Winter War - 1939
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:37:12 pm »
 :-D
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:26:50 am »
 X:X X:X
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:57:49 am »

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:59:29 am »
As Finski used to say, " One Finn was worth ten Russians but the eleventh got you".  It was a huge tragedy how the Finns were ground to a pulp by a Russian Horde.  A brave people.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:35:45 pm »
It seems that at that time there was a lot of bravery in every country. I'm afraid I don't see that here anymore.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:21 am »
The worst thing about war is that you send your best, bravest people into battle to be killed and leave the weak to breed your future.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 12:51:29 pm »
The Fins played the most pivotal moves in the war, able to be a strategic place which both the Soviets and Nazis wanted and even after all was said and done, they lost only a few large cities alone the Isthmus to the Russian treaty - which the Fins were not happy about, from the Winter War thru the Continuation War and the entire war the Fins fought out-numbered greatly to the Russians but they were dressed for battle and knew all the Russian tank's short-comings. A Molotov cocktail to the air intake of a tank meant one dead tank and a line of tanks who couldn't move.

The Soviets poorly arranged troops with tanks, tanks mainly on their own as if indestructible, a major blunder on Stalin's part. But when Finland allowed Nazis to build infrastructure and landing areas to refuel it kept Finland mostly in habitable shape - of course Helsinki and other great cities got slammed, no one escaped the bombs of war in Europe, not even the Fins who more than any other country played this life or death game with less loss than anyone else on the Western European Fronts.

It is amazing to see the history play out - I have a huge book called CHRONICLES OF THE 20TH CENTURY at work I'm reading, and seeing Hitler pop up as early as 1923 and 1925 - and to read his words after a short jail term as he promised his people would build in strength to seemingly impossible numbers, no one thought it could happen until the images of his 600 thousand storm-troopers gathered. From most of what I'm learning of the war, it seems Hitlers biggest blunder was NOT putting more money and development in rocket powered aircraft he thought his Panzer divisions were his main concerns throughout the war. Meanwhile, engines and planes were developed that could fly 100mph faster than the allies and with enough maneuverability to change the face of Europe forever.

Don't ever say it can't happen again - humans are followers and pack creatures. Charismatic people come all throughout history and if they have the fire-power to back up their madness, the mistakes of the past could rear their ugly heads yet again.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything