Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to post photos  (Read 6597 times)

Offline wayseer

• House Bee
    • Beaver Rock
How to post photos
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:10:10 am »
I'm rather new here and need some advice.

I have tried posting a photo on the general board by following the instructions using imageshack but I get a message in red saying I cannot post any links.

Any suggestions
www.beaverrox.blogspot.com/

Life is a river somewhere

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: How to post photos
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:57:59 am »
Wayseer.   It is practice for security reasons in our forum for new members not having an ability to post pictures until they have reached a certain post count, I am not sure the exact number, but it is to ensure that our forum remains a safe place for us all.  You will soon be able to post pictures.  Until then, you can ask a moderator to post the picture for you and it will willingly be posted here so you can share.  It is just part of forum protocol, this is very important stuff.  We would love to see your pictures.  Have a wonderful and awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline wayseer

• House Bee
    • Beaver Rock
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:57:30 am »
Thanks Cindi - no worries - understand the need for security. 

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:04 am »
Just follow the directions in the error message.   Complete the post without the image links and then forward the image links to photos@beemaster.com
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline wayseer

• House Bee
    • Beaver Rock
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:22 pm »
Hello.  Just wondering if I have passed the necessary requirementsfor posting photos.  Just tried but to no avail.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 11:06:47 pm »
Wayseer,
Did you see Robos post just above your last post?

Offline wayseer

• House Bee
    • Beaver Rock
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 11:53:16 pm »
Yes.  But when I click on ' host it' the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:59 am »
You should send the photo links
photos@beemaster.com and the mods will attach the photos
The photos need to be hosted online somewhere such as image shack ,photobucket, or something similar.Then a link from there is connected to a post.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:31:59 am »
Wayseer:

I don't see you having an issue with Imageshack any more, if you go by the directions (important to copy the thumbnail 1 link or forum image link 1 and copy these links - the image will appear once you choose REVIEW of image or post it.

Remember, once an image is loaded to image shack, the link is the important part, not the photo - the link leads toy our photo.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline wayseer

• House Bee
    • Beaver Rock
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:54 am »
Yes - thank you - have finally worked it all out.  Problem with sizing the image to be downloaded.

However, I note other contributors can post rather larger photos - how does this work.  It would be good to show some close ups of what's going on. 

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 05:28:10 am »
However, I note other contributors can post rather larger photos - how does this work.  It would be good to show some close ups of what's going on. 
It is possible to show large photos, but since we have some users with a slow dial up connection, the best way to do this is to post a thumbnail or small version of the photo with a link to a large version.  This way the loading of the topic will be fast for everyone including the ones with a slow internet connection, and people can still see the large version by clicking on the thumbnail.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 09:32:55 am »
Yes, thumbnails (like you posted in another post of your apiary) is preferred.  If one clicks on your smaller image, it will load the larger image to view.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

anything