Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 3513 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
The Walking Dead
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:35:24 pm »
Looks like AMC-TV has done it again. With winners like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, now we have a series that makes us Zombie Lovers' mouths water. It started last night, I caught this 1.5 hours pilot and (although at their website I saw most every clip of this new show through countless trailers) I still sat back and enjoyed every minute of this story.

A Deputy Sheriff is shot and wakes up in the hospital after coming in and out of a coma - the world has changed with a Zombie out-break that has seemingly changed the world in a nightmarish way where the living are few and scatter apart and zombies stagger around and even sit there with little to do but await noises from the living and then they just walk toward the noise, hoping for their next long awaited meal of living flesh.

This is not a show about Zombies though, they are there and by the hundreds - but this is a story about the survivors and what they must do to survive and retain their humanity. With no power, little fuel for generators and the fear that generator noise will attract the walking dead, survivors scatter about, fleeing into small groups and with limited resources to find others who lived through this disaster.

This is based on The Walking Dead comic book (probably a better term exists for this drawn series) but for Comicon enthusiasts this is one of the most riveting artwork series ever. And the masters of blockbuster movies have turned this into something that draws you in and has the magical power of making you feel sorry for the walking dead, they are your wives and husbands and parents and siblings who weren't as lucky as you, and the guilt of surviving is one feeling that often haunts the living here.

I'm excited about this one.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/ for TONS of peaks and trailers  into this show.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

bigbearomaha

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:55:33 pm »
I'm guessing this is a cable tv station.

Sounds like one anyway.

too bad though,  I don't have cable and  I love all things zombie.

do you know if they will eventually air full episodes online at some point like many shows do now?

Big Bear

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:52 pm »
Yes it is AMC. I get it on Dish Network.

I like to catch things that are wrong or out of place in movies and shows.

On this one right at the beginning there is a semi-truck lying on it's side. I noticed right off the drive shaft was missing. Did the zombies take it?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »
AMC has Rubicon also.  it's a surprisingly good show.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »
 I read on their website and found they are a cable/satellite station.  too bad for me.

they are going to be so kind as to sell access to their episodes on ipod type formats afterward.

that leaves me out as well.

oh well.

it sounded good.

Big Bear

bigbearomaha

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 03:06:49 pm »
So very cool.  The Walking Dead is on Hulu.  Just caught the first episode.

happy me.

Big Bear

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 05:10:41 pm »
I also see that The Walking Dead is at Fancast too - which makes sense, there players are identical and the main difference is that Fancast is in partnership with Comcast through what they call Xfinity - which I use often.

Xfinity allows Comcast customers to watch "the programming included in the package they have with Comcast online wherever you are. It is an On-Demand service, not live viewing of channels, but when on the road it is nice to have all the TV you pay for on your computer.

Any way, here is the link at Fancast to the Walking Dead

http://www.fancast.com/tv/The-Walking-Dead/106883/full-episodes

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything