Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: lemon grass oil  (Read 23195 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Re: lemon grass oil
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 10:55:23 am »
Whole Foods has it and you can buy it online from lots of places.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Wes Sapp

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 04:42:29 pm »
Thanks Linda T. I was trying to find it somewhere close by to save on shipping... looked on the web just to see how much shipping would be and Puritan Pride has a earth day special shipping price of .22 today only so I order a couple of bottles. Thanks again for your post if you hadn't I would have missed the special!!!
Wes Sapp

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 08:46:02 pm »
i have gotten some really good deals on ebay.  there are a couple of ebay stores that give discounts for multiple items, and discounted shipping.  the last batch of stuff i purchased was less expensive even with shipping than i could find in town.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 12:25:39 pm »
Has anyone tried just cutting lemon-grass and putting that in? Or planting it next to a trap?

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 07:19:28 pm »
Unfortunately, I do not think this will work.  Bees, to the best of my knowledge (and there's not much there, so take this with a grain of salt) are not actually attracted to the plant itself, but the sap from the plant's root.  Again, I could be wrong.

Its not even the sap I think but the distilled oil from the sap.

Lemongrass itself, makes a great part of a salad or side dish or in a soup.  I'll actually be offering it at farmer's market's this year if I can get it to grow in large enough quantities.

Supposedly citronella comes from Lemongrass.  Not to sure how that works out since its a repellant not an attractant.

Who knows.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

anything