Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Australia Day  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
Australia Day
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:49:39 pm »
How about a chat with some Aussie in the chatroom any of you up to it on Australia Day?
When is Anzac Day ? Happy holiday Australia  :)
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Re: Australia Day
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:01:04 am »
 Australia Day is the 26th of January, next Wednesday.  Last year we had fun on Ventrilo with an australiana quiz, in which Little John just beat Bud in aussie knowledge.  Judging from the dubious answers, though, I hope you both have been doing some studying.  Night time australia is morning USA, so it would be great if some aussies could host a ventrilo party again in the evening, maybe with another quiz, or some bush ballad singing...I have to work that night, ironically a public holiday, so I sadly can't make it.

Lone

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Today, up here, its National Penguin Awareness Day.   No lie.   http://www.holidayinsights.com/other/penguinawareness.htm  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/20/national-penguin-awarenes_n_429874.html

And yesterday was the 150th anniversary of the independence of the state of Georgia from the United States.   (didn't turn out so well)  

Ain't holidays fun.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:23:59 pm »
Well it's worked.  We are now aware of penguins.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:05:17 pm »
There will be one Aussie on for sure. You wont get much singing out of him but night or day we would love to hear music from you Lone. John Williamson for PM.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

anything