Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Meat and Bees  (Read 6164 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Meat and Bees
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »
Wife cooking on the back porch.   BTW, the 5 frame box on the rail is now a 10 frame box still sitting on the rail.   I set the 5 frame box on a table off screen behind everyone and as on today may have another small swarm move in.   That is now my lucky box. 

Brandie's Bees

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Meat and Bees
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »
Good lookin' gal for sure Allen...and nice flippin' technique too! Ya'll need to make Bud5 and jump in on the cooking! :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:15 pm »
Allen, those bees are just part of the family now. I keep some in on my deck too. Fun to watch while I'm having coffee or having a cold one.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »
My wife cooks her lunch for the week every Sunday afternoon.   She's doing the paleo.   And I really enjoy just looking out the back door and watching the bees.   The hives out in the woods are feeling left out this year.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:35:41 am »
An excellent replacement for a bee smoker  :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:01:36 am »
BTW, we as of this morning are up to 4 hives there now.   A swarm showed up yesterday sometime in one of the nuc traps.   Those 2 nucs on the rails are now in full deeps.   And one is in a double deep.   About time to move some boxes to the yard.   

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 11:34:30 am »
got to get me one of those smokers

anything