Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Disturbing actions of someone publishing the CAP report in Bee Culture  (Read 5517 times)

Offline c10250

• House Bee
Re: Disturbing actions of someone publishing the CAP report in Bee Culture
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 11:58:46 am »
TBeak, you state, "Very little discussion on the topic of the article, anyone else notice".  I find that the article has very little to do with someone "forgin" a scientific paper to agree more with their personal views on a subject.  Who cares what the article was about.  SOMEONE changed a scientific paper and inserted material that the authors did not produce!  Who gives a rat's $$$ about what the article was about.  Let's talk about the ethics of this.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:28 pm »
Now "that's" standing for something.   X:X  I like it!

Too bad you didn't read the article though.  Did you at least read the letter making the complaint?  I suppose you'd have to pick up a copy of Bee Culture and there's not much hope for that, is there? 

Don't you think there is already enough knee jerking in the world?  No? 

OK, then lets get to the ethics of the matter.  But lets leave the 'assumptions' in our pockets  :-D
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »
You bet it does, I'm a seeker, not a sucker :-D

For a "seeker" it sure appears you're not doubting those who claim to have the truth in this... or it supports what you believe the truth is and you're willing to overlook flawed/forged data.

Ah yes, finally someone who actually reads the mag chiming in  8-)

I think I understand the forced hiatus now.

One must see all sides to make an informed decision.

Must?  Be careful crawling too high on your soapbox.  Certain things are flat wrong and I spend no time reviewing them to make an informed decision.  An extreme example would be I don't need to read things from Aryan Nation, Nation of Islam, NABLA, etc. to see their side before making an informed decision.  To a lesser extent it's articles and papers with unsupported scientific claims of "truth" from certain individuals/groups that I also give no credence to either.  
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline c10250

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:54 pm »
Now "that's" standing for something.   X:X  I like it!

Too bad you didn't read the article though. ....

I subscribe to the magazine . . . of course I read the article.  You need to modify your crystal ball somewhat . . .

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »
Hold on just a minute.  As usual, there's way too many 'assumptions' around here (and why this belongs on COFFEE HOUSE), I DOUBT EVERYTHING, I question everything (just ask my wife  :), and I 'try' to assume NOTHING and trust very little of the 'certainty' coming from most of humanity. 

Haven't you noticed?  That makes me soooo sad  :'(  and tells me you're only listening to your own voice. 

Most of us should spend more time digesting others opinions and less time reacting to them  :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »
T has gone into troll/i love the attention, mode.  not worth it, in my book.

pay for the magazine if you like it.  don't pay for it if you don't.  pretty simple. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:43:15 pm »
Now "that's" standing for something.   X:X  I like it!

Too bad you didn't read the article though. ....

I subscribe to the magazine . . . of course I read the article.  You need to modify your crystal ball somewhat . . .

I apologize for miss-speaking, thought I was talking to D Coats w/ the above reference.  

Sorry, of course 'you' read the article.  You're the one who's upset about it, right?  The ethics of (miss?) construing an opinion to fit our own beliefs.  I'm afraid you might have to get used to it as it's part of the human condition, or is that a curse?  :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:53:29 pm by T Beek »

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 01:48:59 pm »
T has gone into troll/i love the attention, mode.  not worth it, in my book.

pay for the magazine if you like it.  don't pay for it if you don't.  pretty simple. 

B,b,bbbb but wait a minute, I don't have 13,000 posts showing multiple examples of digressing to name calling whenever I don't agree with someone, that's someone else you're thinking of :-D  And I sure don't need 'this' kind of attention, just had some time on my hands with some GIANTS to conquer  8-) or at least cripple up a bit.

I thought we were going to talk about ethics............................. :?

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
just had some time on my hands with some GIANTS to conquer  8-) or at least cripple up a bit.[/quote]

Ahhh, there's the truth.  You're bored and wanting to stir the pot, this has nothing to do with truth.  I'm out.

Chalk this one up to Kathy. 
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Duane

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »
I looked in February's issue and looked under what I thought was the letters, looked in the contents, looked under the CAP report, scanned through the magazine and I'm not finding what is mentioned.  I'm guessing that there was a letter in one issue about an article in another issue. 

Could someone please give the exact issues and page numbers so I can see what all the complaints are about?

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 06:17:53 am »
The 'complaint' letter is in the March issue, letters section.

This topic is a mole hill if there ever was one.  :(

"I have no time for ornery folks, I'm ornery enough myself."

"Too bad closed minds don't also come with closed mouths"   Kurt Vonnegut :-D

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 07:28:09 am »
I'm locking this topic as it has run it's course and heading in the wrong direction.The op was that someone at BC did alter the heading of a posted article. What the agenda was is up to BC to state. It should make evryone suspicious of what editors are pushing as journalism. But altering someone elses work and publishing it without a footnote to mention the added words should no be done.
 I agree they should be called to the carpet,but in doing so you also put them in the limelight. If you are upset,the best way to handle it is to write a letter to the editor and demand a retraction or explanation of their agenda or drop your subscription and tell them why in no uncertain terms.

anything