Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Maryland  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Rogan

• New Bee
Hello from Maryland
« on: August 09, 2008, 02:47:41 pm »
Just joined the forums.  I'm a first year beekeeper after taking the short course at the local extension service.  I started out with just one hive of italians which are doing very well.

Tom

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from Maryland
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »
Welcome to the boards Tom.  So do you just have your hive at home? 

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:17:24 am »
HEY Pikesville,

Welcome to a wealth of info!! Great folks here and LOTS to learn. 1st year guy here too. Find yourself a mentor to ask questions, it has really helped me.
I was lucky and met the President of the Delaware Bee Association and he's my "Go To Guy".

PM me and I'll send my number.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:08 am »
Tom, welcome to our forum, great that you took that short course, I know it helped you with managing your hive.  Good.  Next year, you can bet your bottom dollar that you will increase the hive to two, three......the possibilities are endless, hee, hee.  Stick around, tell us your stories, tales, experiences.  We all love to listen.  If you have questions, ask them, these questions are all important ones, we all learn by listening and asking questions.  Here you too will also make some new friends, this you will see.  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, lovin' and livin' this life we all live and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service