Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: get me a beer!  (Read 9833 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: get me a beer!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 01:34:12 am »
http://www.karlschatz.com/yearofthegoat/archives/000089.shtml

Here is a goat that is a mayor and drinks beer.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 06:44:41 am »
Man, that's great!  My neighbor had a horse that drank beer!  It was hilarious!!!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:35 am »
I have, at present, a toggenburg nanny, a 1/2 nubian-1/2 Boer Billy (Whose a Major pain), and a 2 month old buckling.  The billy came with the place when my father died.  My brother gave me the nanny.  It was only recently That I realized that trying to teach a 5 year old nanny to milk was a lost cause.  My wife and I have decided to get rid of the billy and nanny and keep the buckling.  1st I'll wether the kid so he'll stay gentle and keep him around for shrub and weed control.

You're right about them wanting to hop up on the hives.  I have my beeyard fenced from kids of all kinds.
Whethers are great, they don't smell and they are great pets, just like a dog, only it eats brush and stuff. I used to sell mine to people who had horses that needed company. Standardbred rescue took a few from me, I think I donated those ones. This tread is still on topic as long as we stll mention BEEs and LAWNMOWERs in it :-D
Sugarbush Bees

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 11:12:04 am »
I love the way the threads weave in and out of different topics.  I love the people on the forum.  I love how everyone is so kind to each other (well, 95% of the time, loll), I love to spend time here when I wake up.   Hmmm....seems like a happy place to be!!!!!  All you have a wonderful day, great day and wishes of good health to all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 11:36:22 am »
HAHAHAHA, this is hilarious...fun fun fun...i could call my hubby an "old goat", give tractor mower, that would be a site to see...of course I would give hima fresh Nubian goatmilk kefir drink...peace out

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:41 pm »
Right on!!!  It is fun, fun, fun.  Ooooh you make me wanna laugh, oooooh you make me wanna shout, I like the sprite in you!!!!  Have a wonderful, happy, day, full of foody goody and good health.  Cindi

Oh ya, which reminds me.  I ate some of my preserved salsa last nigh.  I combined mine variety combined with my Chilean brother-in-law's, yum yum.  His is totally different than mine and when the two meet, what a delight for the sense buds!!!!  C.  Oh, oh, off topic!!!!
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 12:52:34 pm »
Cindi,

Not too much off topic, as salsa and beer...mmmmmmmmm...go hand in hand???  Cheers. :-D

Offline fishawk

• New Bee
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 02:59:32 pm »
Cheers JP, suits all around. My friends and neighbors are terrified now . Do you all deal with this reaction?

When it comes time to exrtract  your honey. I always give some to my nieghbors .

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 11:24:37 am »
DayValleyDahlias.
Hmm..salsa, beer, hot summer days, right, they are comin', I know that as surely as I know the sun will shine tomorrow.  Best of this wonderful day, good health.  Cindi

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 11:37:25 am »
I mowed in front of my hives with a tractor/shredder the first year, right up until one hot August day.  I ended up with over 50 stings in the head and neck.  Any hive can get cranky.  Want to get your adrenalin going, try getting a diesel tractor stopped with a cloud of hot bees on your head.   Suit up, it's safer.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain