Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Question on foundations.  (Read 13617 times)

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
Re: Question on foundations.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
Thanks again for all the information. One last question regarding Rite Cell and Plasitcell. I noticed that on the Plasticell, there are two corners clipped off and Rite Cell don't. What is the reason for the corners to be clipped on the Plasticell, and is it important?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »
Rite Cell has score holes if you want to break the corner off.  So the choice is yours.  I believe it is if you want to give them a passage through the frame to the adjacent without having to go around.   I don't bother breaking it off.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 01:47:36 pm »
That's good to know Robo..... Thanks!

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:14 pm »
Often on foundationless you will see those corners missing.. some claim its communication or travel holes.. Not sure why the extra 3/8ths of an inch would matter but the bees seem to think it does........
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 05:43:43 am »
Often on foundationless you will see those corners missing.. some claim its communication or travel holes.. Not sure why the extra 3/8ths of an inch would matter but the bees seem to think it does........

Travel and/or communication holes would be my guess as well.  My Long Hives frames can be loaded with such holes going from one end to the other, not usually in a straight line.  Some frames have just one or three, some (those closer to the centers) can have many.
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."