Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Found the queen for the first time.  (Read 1771 times)

Offline NotactJack

• House Bee
Found the queen for the first time.
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »
Here are a few photos I snapped. I did a cut out with these bees. Then I requeened them with a queen from rweaver. Then a raccoon knocked over my TBH and stole most of the comb. Well I was collected my equipment when I knelt down and noticed abouta softball sized cluster. I hived them in a langstroth nuc and have been helping them since.  Well I've seen eggs but I've never been able to spot her and she turned out to be on the first frame I checked that was on the outside.

facebook.com/laredobees

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

Offline HomeSteadDreamer

• House Bee
Re: Found the queen for the first time.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:04:46 pm »
congratz. I'm still very excited when I find my queen.  And I can see why you'd be doubly excited with the whole hive being knocked over.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
If you were closer I would let you borrow my live trap.  Something had knocked over a water bucket at one of my yards.  I put out the trap first night caught a possum, next night caught a big coon.  Haven't seen anymore sign.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline NotactJack

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:17 am »
Yeah I since have abandoned that bee yard. It was just too far out. The side of my house working fine for now.
facebook.com/laredobees

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 12:31:50 am »
Yeah, physically finding the queen alive and kicking is always good for a nice ego boost.   8-)
Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.

anything