Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.  (Read 3950 times)

Anonymous

KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:50:13 am »
We went to a South East Michigan Bee Association (SEMBA) 67 anunal conferance Saturday April 2nd. Kare bought six tickets @ six tickets for $5.00 to a hive and honey bee package. She put my name on three tickets and hers on three. At lunch she won a free donut off a Tim Horton roll up the rim to win coffee cup, then said she was going to win the hive. When the meeting was coming to an end they drew the tickets for the raffles the last one for the hive and bees.
    :lol:  :lol:  :D Kare won, Her name was on the winning ticket YEA.

:D We had bought seven colonies of NWC on Friday from a retireing bee keeper. We have three at home here and now Kare wins.
So this summer we will have at least 11 hives.

Five of the new seven hives and other pictures of them.

:D Al

Offline TVaughan

• New Bee
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 11:51:10 am »
Congrads!!

Offline Agility Mom

• House Bee
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 12:49:16 pm »
Wow! She should have run out and bought a lottery ticket, too. You are going to be busy with all those hives. Will Kare take care of "hers" or do you really get it?
Judy

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 03:53:29 pm »
That is absolutely fantastic!! Congrats! :)

Beth

Anonymous

KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 07:15:21 pm »
:) Kare does her share of taking care of the girls. I cut and assemble the hives and bottom boards, she stains them if I have other work that needs my touch. I tell her I need syrup and she does the mixing and putting it in the jars. She also does the medication mix that they need. Haven't had honey to bottle yet, but I am sure she is going to have her hands full of that when the time comes since she cut the comb and packaged it last year.
She is the camera person when I am inspecting them And catching swarms too. She gives me Ideas on how to do things easier, finds the numbers  and calls many suppliers and club members when needed.
 :P I told her last night she better start reading up on how to install her package of bees.  :lol:  :lol: She said I had better learn how to mix syrup for the rest of our bees.
Tomorrow I will be medicating our seven new colonies. She will be taking pictures, taking notes on what needs replaceing and which colonies look strong enough to do splits on/with.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 08:34:42 pm »
Great News all around Al :)

You have really built up your beeyard exponentially over the last year - wow! I have faith that THIS year will be better than the last sad incident and that you have bumper crops and GREAT pollination.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 10:32:56 pm »
Thats sweet, congrats!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 08:46:54 am »
sounds like you are going to have to get a semi in a few years and start pollination in california the way you are expanding  :D  :wink: , j/k but start doing splits next year and so on and you might  :wink:   congrats on the additions.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 09:17:43 am »
Gosh, and I was excited about winning a bee brush at the Indiana State Beekeeper Assn meeting this past Saturday...

Anonymous

KARE WINS!!!!!! YEA.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 09:43:01 am »
:)  We are going to keep our bees in yards around here except take some to the TC area some year for the cherry blossom honey just to see what it's like. I'll just use I equipment trailer for that.

Indypartridge, I was excited for winning one of those long reach lighters as a door prize Saturday myself. I consider it a real special day If I am holding a winning ticket for any thing. I would consider a bee brush a treasure, seems if you only have one it is sticky before you finish the chore so a fall back one is great.