Welcome, Guest

Poll

Would you buy this observation hive for $500?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Would You Buy This Observation Hive For $500  (Read 11284 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Would You Buy This Observation Hive For $500
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:58 pm »
THE FOLLOWING WAS a BEEMASTER Copywrited idea - users of said ideas Must have full approval by John Clayton or I'll see you in court. I have thus announced the virual observation hive. Patendthat baby!!!!

Boy, that would a a case I'd bet on any day,  and unfortunately I wouldn't be putting my money on your side.  What exactly is the IP and what are the claims?   Just cause you have a neat idea doesn't make it patentable.  So although you can  claim copywrite on this post (which I believe is inherent with a claim anyway),  it does nothing to stop anyone from building/selling/marketing such a devise.  it may stop them from patenting it, but I question the patentability anyway.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:46 pm »
Long as I know the truth, I'd sleep at night.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 04:00:48 pm »
Beemaster, shouldn't that post be moved to..."Humor is a funny thing"?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 08:00:13 pm »

What is the top dollar that you would pay for this hive?

Well Jordan, I think your out of luck. If all goes well, I think I have a supplier that would make this observation hive, with more than 100% profit, and still sell it to me for around $100  :-D

So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and since we must go with supply and demand, I'll offer $110   ;)

PS Jordan....for a young man, I think you have a business mind. Test the waters. Send up balloons and see what looks like a keeper. Keep asking questions. Look for the answers that move you forward, and chuck all the comments that are negative over your shoulder. And don't look back.... ;)

My parents call me there little entrapanuer. I will see how much i can make them for and maybe post one on EBAY and see how high it gets and then i would figure out a base price.

By the way mrilovetheants i would take one of those ob hives to so you better start on building it and if you did not see there is swinging doors on it so you would have to figure that in.

Thanks

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:03 pm »
Long as I know the truth, I'd sleep at night.

That's a good attitude and way to live.   I often wonder how some people sleep at night after taking advantages of others.   Trust me,  patents aren't meant to protect the little guy anymore,  they are more used for bargaining chips between big business.  It is like anything else,  with enough money and lawyers, you can do whatever you want.   On the flip side, it also prevents extortion as well,  like the guy/company that went after blackberry claiming patent infringement.

We where the first company to ever hit 4000 patents in a single year last year,  and it was our 16 consectutive year leading the US in patents.  Needless to say, research is a big part of our company and licensing technologies brings in a fair share of revenue.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »
What for company do you work for Rob? Sounds like you guys were busy.
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 09:07:35 am »
Greg,

I work for IBM in mainframe hardware development. We design and build the high integrity/availability/security systems used for banking/airlines/retail/etc..

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 10:02:37 am »
that job doesnt sound very exciting at all.  Mainframe. 

YUCK!

Anyway I was browsing ebay this morning and found a large 4 frame (i think) Ob Hive for like 175.  Way more reasonable but without the lazy susan effect.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 05:06:20 pm »
If my recollection is accurate, Frantz on this site sells some homemade OB. They also are auctioned off frequently at beekeeper auctions at clubs. About 3 or 4 a year become available usually. They go for between 75 and 200 depending on size, wood and vintage in some cases.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 06:08:02 pm »

YUCK!

Yup,  mainframes aren't very vogue.  Being the gold standard for five 9's and working in the forefront of technolgy doesn't lead to much excitement, but it pays the bills :-P

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:37 pm »
What makes it worth $500? I could build that thing for less than $50.

Material, labor, and profit....all figured in at less than $50....   :shock:

I'll make you a deal. Make two. Mark them up over 100% as I figure that's fair, and I'll buy them for $100 each. Take your time. I don't want excuses on a hurried job, or not having enough time. Let me know when they are ready. I'll send a check.

Put me on the list for one as well please. I use paypal. !!
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 07:24:01 pm »

YUCK!

Yup,  mainframes aren't very vogue.  Being the gold standard for five 9's and working in the forefront of technolgy doesn't lead to much excitement, but it pays the bills :-P

Hey Robo, I work HP and I do proliant superdomes, also for banks and security, lol were competitors, LOL  I myself find it very exciting. I love technology, hardware and software. Just seems right.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

anything