Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ventrilo ??  (Read 10466 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Ventrilo ??
« on: August 18, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »
  How many of us Downunder have Ventrilo set up on our computers ? Must be about time we got a regular time slot going.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: Ventrilo ??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:30:14 pm »
I hope to see you on Ventrilo

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 04:34:21 am »
Haven't had a session for a while with the aussie mob, Geoff.  Around 8pm is often OK for me, though I know it's past your bedtime.  I'll tentatively set aside the time for this Thursday the 30th.  We'll have to recruit Little John and make sure Bud isn't picking a bunch of swarms right then.  I recall Kathy has braved the terror to enter Ventrilo, too.  Aussies and "upover" foreigners who haven't experienced Bud singing lullabies to you over the airwaves, see if you can download and test ventrilo before then.  It's good if you have a mic, but there is a chat place you can type messages, too.  It's always so nice to be around bee people.

That time in america EST will be 6am Thursday, but that's my extent of timezone knowledge.  I'll stay on for a while for the later northern hemispherians.

Lone

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »
 :-D  i enjoy getting to talk to folks.  problem is that most of you are on about the time i'm throwing hay and getting dinner on. 

Lone sings  too!!  ;)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »
yep  been having a little trouble geting lone and geof to speak properly, so as always willing to help you downunders proper proper englisk.
to bee or not to bee

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:56 pm »
yep  been having a little trouble geting lone and geof to speak properly, so as always willing to help you downunders proper proper englisk.

HEHEHE

From the Contrary Yankee  :evil:

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:44 am »
I hope you've all prepped your ventrilos for 8pm aussietime tonight.  I'd rather listen than talk 

Lone

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 08:40:12 am »
Lone
Is that when you sing in a voice like Tiny Tim and Tip Toe  Through the Tulips?

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:17 pm »
Sorry missed out last night. In Brisvegas but heading back home this arvo. Will put next Thursday in the diary( the space between the ears). Was hoping to make it to Charlies Trousers this time Lone but the week just disappeared.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:40:16 pm »
me 2  kinda slack in the remembering
to bee or not to bee

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 06:41:17 am »
I pretty much told myself everything I know last Thursday night, so I hope this time there will be a slightly bigger mob.  I seem to recall it was your idea, Geoff, and you couldn't make it to your own party  :-P I'll have some bee hives here waiting for you to paint them next time you head north. And a hot cuppa. Never fear, Bud, I can send you reminder notices. I'll have to consult my aussie-bud dictionary on how to word them though.  Nico, see if you can connect up too so we are not outnumbered by mississippians.  Are you coming to look at the extractor on Wednesday?  Jim, you will have to buy an alarm clock so you don't sleep in again.  Kathy, it might be the middle of the night in Boring, but it looks like I'll need someone from our side to set the blokes straight.  I was called a good looker today because I was watching the fellas pour the concrete and I did it very well.  See yas Thursday 8pm queensland time. Lone

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 07:20:45 pm »
Lone,  haven't got the gear for that.
How did the slab go?I was out checking wasps and bees at mates place.
Have to talk to you about Dan's.trouble n strife n i might come to Woodstock with you then go to Tsville .Tax time and shopping to do.
Might check bees this arvo and see how shb system is working.2/3pm.
I still have one of those BeesNees things in fridge.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:08 am »
13 minute ventrilo reminder.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:12:38 am »

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »
It was a bit spread out but there were about 4 of us last week.  Let's have another go tomorrow Thursday) night/morning.  Bud, you will have to wind your rooster up on Wednesday night so you can catch Yinnar Geoff.  Kathy, you westeners will just have to suffer some insomnia because I think it's the middle of the night for you.  Little John tried to get on but had some trouble, so hopefully he'll straighten things out.  Nico, what are you up to on Saturday?  I should have finished the fertilizing so we might need a lift with the lathe when we work out which way round it goes.  Bee meeting this Sunday..can take my car just in case yours breaks down and we get stuck down the highway with gum trees and kangaroos.
Lone

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:49:48 am »
Ventrilo in 12 minutes.

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »
Lone,Sat should be OK, lathe motor 0n your left, Shirley & I will go Sun morning (grand-son has leave from gold coast suns and in Tsville for week) Been told by mech. car will be OK since fault cleared,has not come up.
Cement should be cured enough to bolt lathe down,might have to shim feet to get lathe level.Have to go and poison some chinney-apple and rubber-vine. Bees working hard.
Nico

Offline Mek

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »
Hey just wondering when are you guys on Ventrilo? Is it still Thursday nights?

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:14 am »
Hey just wondering when are you guys on Ventrilo? Is it still Thursday nights?

Today is 10-23-12 at is Tuesday not Thursday

Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:44:43 pm »
Hello Mek,

Don't mind Jim, he can't help being behind.  Yes, Thursday it is.  Or another day if you nominate it.

I haven't been on for a few weeks, either forgetting or being busy or having to work early the next day.  Tonight might be hard for me too.  But if you connect, Mek, hopefully there will be some folk join you, and I will make more of an effort to get on ventrilo in the future.  I hope to catch up with you.

Lone