Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ridgid Joiner\Planer...  (Read 3211 times)

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
Ridgid Joiner\Planer...
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:21:20 pm »
Does anyone here have any experience with this machine.  I thought about buying one to use in making rabbets for supers - hive bodies - etc...  I use the Ridgid T3650 table saw now but thought this machine would add some versatility to my shop....  It would help cut time not having to do multible setups on the table saw..   

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Re: Ridgid Joiner\Planer...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:00:48 pm »
imo....a router would be more valuable for that purpose. if you have rough cut lumber to deal with than a jointer/planer is a useful tool.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 06:18:04 pm »
STEVE if you could use a router and if you dont need a nother large machine in you shop look at this thing below, it bolts top you table saw, buy the way good choose in table saws, I got me one of those last year....

http://www.tools-plus.com/ben40-031.html
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline super dave

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:22:40 pm »
i just bought that  router table and it is the best ever-- what a space saver and easy to put on-- :) ;) :( :-X :-\ :-* :'( :-D :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :-x :-P :oops: :evil: :roll: :mrgreen:
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:22:47 pm »
Yeah go with the router
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 12:16:43 am »
Steve,

I'd actually put my money on the table saw with dado blades (cabinet/furniture maker for about 30 yrs). It's usually quicker and just as clean with good quality blades.  Also, if you use a router table (a nice little backup to a shaper) make sure you have a relatively late model router with plenty of H.P - An underpowered, older model is much more likely to burn up even with moderate use.