Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Zoo giving away residents  (Read 2478 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Zoo giving away residents
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »
Picked up a small swarm at the NC zoo tonight. About 2 1/2 lb. in a small pine tree 14 ft. up. 25 feet outside the grizzly bear habitat. Another 30 feet and they could keep them.  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:

One sting on top of head. "probably broke the stinger off on that rock".
Numerous bees stinging as they went down my shirt.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Zoo giving away residents
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »
how many swarm have you got thiis year, iddee

Johnny

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:18:58 pm »
Today was the first two I got to keep. All the others were caught for other beeks in their yard.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:23:26 pm »
I have seen or heard about any swarm around Warren ,Arkansas yet but I am hoping that I can get a swarm this year

Johnny

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 04:08:36 am »
Picked up a small swarm at the NC zoo tonight. About 2 1/2 lb. in a small pine tree 14 ft. up. 25 feet outside the grizzly bear habitat. Another 30 feet and they could keep them.  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:

By my math, that would mean you'd be willing to go up to 4 feet 11 inches into grizzly bear habitat for the bees... which is about 5 feet further than I'd go.   :shock:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 09:13:15 am »
 :-P   :-P   :-P

*Shel Silverstein*

anything