Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Video fades out  (Read 5161 times)

Offline JMN

• New Bee
Video fades out
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:31:04 pm »
Hi everyone.  I am trying to watch beemater's videos (YouTube) on my computer, but after the first few frames it fades away and then only hear the sounds, no pictures.  I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated, Joseph
Of all the things I lost, my mind is the one I miss the most. B1mg379

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Video fades out
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:34:46 pm »
Gives some specs on your computer:
CPU
RAM
Operating system
video card

It sounds like your video card may not have the capacity to handle the stream. You flash version may not be updated. You computer may not have enough ram. You may a corrupt flash player and need to reinstall. Some of my very rough guesses.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:16 pm »
Bandwidth?Cable,DSL,Dialup?

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:51:44 pm »
Bandwidth?Cable,DSL,Dialup?
Yeah those too.  :-D

I am reminded of the guy who came into the autoparts store and asks for an alternator. When the salesman behind the counter asks him what kind? The customer with a perplexed look like the salesman is asking the dumbest question in the world replies, "An alternator for my car."

My side ached for almost an hour.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JMN

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:39 pm »
Understudy, I have an Windows XP Media Edition with AMD Athalon 3500 Mhz and 960 MB RAM.  I'm still trying to figure out the Graphics card, but I have no problem with other videos only the YouTube.

Offline JMN

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 01:05:41 pm »
Buzzbee,  We have DSL and like I said to Understudy I have no problem with other videos only with the YouTube videos.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 01:20:27 pm »
Do a unistall and install of flash, read this:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 01:22:40 pm »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 08:18:43 am »
JMN,
Hope you get this figured out. I know it's something simple,but a few of us had this problem with a video of a queen piping that was posted to youtube.All some of us were able to see was a spinning wheel when the video was playing. I was able to watch a lot of other you tube videos.When the video was posted on zunibees sight we could see it fine.
Hope the sight Brendan posted helps!   Good luck

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 12:43:43 pm »
JMN:

I too hope you try different browsers, or whatever it takes to see the videos - I like to think I've gotten pretty good at making them  :-D

The spinning wheel issue that Buzzbee mentioned is the symbol you see as a video starts to load and stream, even I couldn't get one video to play (strangely PDMattox could see it) but I just deleted it and reinstalled the file. After that, it has played fine as they all do.

I have 7 videos now, enough footage of stuff for 3 more as I play around here. Editing is fun, I'm adding new techniques with each video, so as I grow in skill, hopefully someday I'll have a real winner there. But it's a shame you are having trouble - something simple (a currupt files that won't over-write) or something is preventing your player from upgrading the most recent player. Flash 10 gave me a headache and one day it started working, so go figure. Good luck and I hope you get it resolved really soon.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JMN

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 05:04:58 pm »
Thanks to all for the comments.  Right now I have a 50-50 success, half plays half don't.  I'll keep trying.

Thanks again, Joseph

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 01:11:54 am »
If you are using firefox, you could download them with the video downloader addon for firefox.  It should be able to convert them to something like avi or mov files to play them, but if it doesn't then you could download them as flash video files (flv) and play them with something like Riva FLV Player, or something of that nature.

Hope you get this working :)
calebgo.com - My website

anything