Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "24" Withdrawal?  (Read 4192 times)

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
"24" Withdrawal?
« on: September 18, 2010, 11:14:37 pm »
Is anyone else going to have difficulty not having "24" to watch this year?  That was the ONE show I had to see each week.

I did stumble across reruns of "Burn Notice" this summer, which I guess is the closest I am going to come to something with enough shoot'em up/blow'em up/out wit the bad guys action.

I guess I will have to wait for the "24" movie.  Hurry, please!
linda d

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: "24" Withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:27:24 pm »
I never got into 24, I am in your boat with Lost.  Tuesdays are just not the same. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »
i'll miss them both.  those were two shows that i made a point of either taping or watching.  same with both NCIS shows.  most of the others i don't care if i miss.  looks like some new shows might be promising.

i look forward to the new season the syfy also.  most of those shows start in October.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »
I was waiting to finish the season for Caprica but on September 9th, SyFy revealed Caprica would be returning sooner than expected on October 5th 2010 at 10pm, bumping Sanctuary to Friday nights.   Bummer.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:55:49 pm »
I watched the first season of 24. and then a few episodes of the second season but it didn't seem to stay within the time line. It seemed people got to places way too soon, so it lost me.

I liked Lost right up to the end. The very last episode... or last two.... just ruined it for me. I thought it would be so much more than a struggle in the after life.

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 11:54:19 am »
I watch most of the 1st season of "24" but then dropped it for a bout 2 years, then got back in and was hooked the last 3-4 seasons.

I watched "Lost" the first season but then could not get back in with it for some reason.  Tried to pick it up at the end but too much water over the bridge for me to enjoy.

Hope there is something new this season that I can get my fantasy kicks out of.  I have been relegated to watching old "Criminal Mind" and "NCSI".
linda d

Offline coneal

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »
Same here! I am also an avid follower of 24 series and I'm definitely gonna miss watching this TV show. It was actually really good that i also got me hooked! I love watching TV shows that really got me following the story to. I am also looking forward for a movie maybe something a lot would actually watch since the story is a good mix of drama and action. I do hope another TV show like this comes by soon! something I would definitely watch and look forward to again. Now I'm actually coming to love other TV show as well, for now i suggest find one that really interests you.Happy viewing!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:06:46 pm »
i found The Closer this year.  TNT has been running the older episodes.  don't know how i missed the show before. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.