Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Favorite "unknown" actor/actress?  (Read 5689 times)

bigbearomaha

Favorite "unknown" actor/actress?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:35:08 am »
Most folks know who the 'big' stars are today.  However, who is the favorite you have who doesn't get the attention you think they deserve?

For me, that is easy.  He would be Gary Farmer.

Gary has been in Pow Wow Highway (with A Martinez), Dead Man (with Johnny Depp), Smoke Signals (indie pic), episode of The West Wing, and a lot more.

not only that, but Gary is a very good musician who travels with his band around the country performing blues.

All around, this guy is one of the best out there.

Big Bear

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Favorite "unknown" actor/actress?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:59:32 pm »
OH I remember him in Dead Man. He was the Indian who helped Johnny Depp.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:47 am »
you got it.
  ;)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:14:50 am »
I like Casey Affleck a lot, he's been in far less films than his brother Ben, and even starred in a few movies - still most people wouldn't believe how man movies he's been in which you have seen.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000729/

Basically 27 movies and most known film GONE BABY GONE where he is a barely making it detective/investigator - he ends up trying to find a kidnapped girl who has horrible partents. Interesting film - Gone Baby Gone.

Yep, Casey Afflect, I think he sits quietly there with two films in production currently!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:29:09 pm »
Hard to beat Gary Farmer... and those are some of my favorite movies.  There have been a lot who I thought were really good who finally got some recognition years later and I always wondered why it takes so long for someone to recognize how good they are. 
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

bigbearomaha

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »
I am lucky in that Gary Farmer, who was recently in Lincoln, NE about 3 weeks or so ago, will be playing with his band in Bellevue, NE this coming Monday.   I will be there for that one.

Big Bear

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 11:30:37 pm »
Where exactly will he be playing?  I just happen to be in town briefly...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

bigbearomaha

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »
He'll be at Rebeccas indian trading post in Olde town Bellevue on 219 West Mission Ave this monday from 4 to 6 pm.
hope to see you there.

Big Bear

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 12:31:28 pm »
Thanks.  I'll see what I can do...
-------------------

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 08:34:35 pm »
  I think about Christopher Lloyd and Sissy Spacek. I have a weakness for character actors who disappear into the part. You know the ones where you see the name in the credits and have to stop and think just who they were in the film.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

anything