Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: South Dakota honey  (Read 7038 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
South Dakota honey
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:21:34 pm »
Here's a quick look at what the bees are working up here. This was shot more than a week ago just before the clover really opened up...the fields are a lot more yellow now!

SD intro.MPG

There's also a good bit of alfalfa blooming. Now if we can only convince the farmers not to mow too quick!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: South Dakota honey
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »
It's about time that you posted a video. Good to hear from you. Larry

Offline joebrown

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 01:07:34 am »
If we could all just have a nice crop like that to forage!

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:28:42 am »
you better build up yo musels, you do know over that suckers honey supers are deeps
to bee or not to bee

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »
Wow, no wonder they fatten up the supers so fast on all that up there.   

Offline REDBEE

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:42 pm »
lot be more yellow now this could be the year ones talks about 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 09:06:00 pm »
Bud, I ain't scared of deep supers...that's what I use mostly too. I'm just hoping that I don't come into this as the young, strong and incredibly handsome man that I am and leave all broken and crippled!  :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 09:07:58 pm »
Oh, and like Bruce said, these fields are all yellow with clover right now. I'll try to get some better footage of it for ya'll.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 04:12:10 pm »
Bud, I ain't scared of deep supers...that's what I use mostly too. I'm just hoping that I don't come into this as the young, strong and incredibly handsome man that I am and leave all broken and crippled!  :-D

Scott

Broken, crippled and still handsome or just broke all to hell and looking like a pile of cat poo?

Good to hear from you and glad to see that Bruce hasnt killed ya...yet

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 01:39:41 am »
Thank's for the video to let us know that your still alive. Hope your having a good time with Bruce. Be carefull he may try to feed you to much pie.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 10:09:55 pm »
Here's a little better look at what the bees are working.

S.D honey 2

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 10:17:18 pm »
One more and then I'll stop droning on about the clover :-D (I might start up about the alfalfa though :-D)

S.D honey 3

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:09 pm »
Hi Scott,

We're glad to see that you're still alive!   :-D  Enjoyed the videos!

I wish that we had all of that clover down here. The Cabbage Palms are just now starting to bloom.

Later, Larry

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »
Hey Scott, thanks for the videos!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:13 pm »
Thanks ya'll! I've got other videos "in the can" but I'm using a new computer up here and haven't gotten the hang of the new editing software yet. There's one that shows a cut out from a 5 frame nuc that a swarm moved in to while the bees were working the almonds. There were actually two different nucs that caught swarms. I showed Bryan (from the video above) how to cut out the first one and then he showed Zach how on the second.

Peggy and the Bminator (shortened from SHBminator...my son Ian) are doing removals in FL in my absence and I wish I had left the camera with them so that I could watch them...I'm just so proud!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 06:42:14 pm »
Goodness, miles and miles of that stuff all in bloom.   Sourwoods will be drying up soon and we will be dry until goldenrod.   No wonder yellow clover makes so much honey.

Offline Bee Busters

• New Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »
last video I looked at you were in FL.  Do you move your hives during the year?