Welcome, Guest

Poll

THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE - are advanced species......

Most likely friendly - seeking other friendly life.
3 (10%)
Most Likely Predators - looking for species to enslave or destroy.
0 (0%)
There is no life outside of Earth - UFOS are fantasy
2 (6.7%)
I believe there are countless species with all different agendas
11 (36.7%)
We are the products of UFOs terraforming THIS planet long ago
2 (6.7%)
I believe in at least 2 of the above.
3 (10%)
I have seen what I believe was an ALIEN SPACE CRAFT.
2 (6.7%)
We live among aliens - they have been here a long time.
0 (0%)
I have NEVER seen ANYTHING remotely that convinces me in Aliens.
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: IF ALIENS CAME TO EARTH  (Read 14673 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
IF ALIENS CAME TO EARTH
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:43:23 pm »
I just watched (probably for the third time) Independence Day and saw the GREAT GOLIATH SHIPS in the movie - the plot was clear, destroy Earthlings, and (we must assume) take over the planet for their own use.

Now, we can assume two more things from that: one they want to add our planet to their collection of conquered planets or they are a race of SHIP-BOUND creatures in search of a place to terraform or habitat.

Mostly (in movies) we see aliens as evil minded critters, bend on the destruction or enslavement of Humans. Could beings capable of superior vessel building, warp or worm-hole travel, etc., have NO OTHER REASON to come here but to either 1) take us over 2) study us to see what makes us tick or to see how well we would accept them or 3) just play games with us by appearing to drunken bass fishermen at 3am on some swamp in the everglades?

I have a bit more faith in the probable causes of Alien visitations. I could go on for hours describing the subtleties of different life forms, but one stands out more than any other - that is the aliens LIFE SPAN.

Let's say for just a second, we 1) knew of a planet capable of self destruction and ruled by volatile creatures (that describe Earthlings fairly accurate) and 2) we had the capability to STEALTHLY monitor the distant planet for a determined period of time - possibly based on our ability to a: get to the planet b: wait for galactic alignments for the shortest return trip and c: return home YOUNG ENOUGH to still have a quality of life.

I say the last statement because we talk about the trip to Mars and how it is roughly 9 months to get there and 9 months to return - but what FEW PEOPLE understand is that there is a TEN MONTH waiting period for the planetary alignments to allow for the shortest return flight. So, a trip to mars is 2 year 4 month minimum trip - which is a long time to feed and supply humans with oxygen and other basics. Imagine a GALACTIC trip - where you would need hundreds and even thousands of years to complete the simplest of trips with given technology IF we had an actual planet with INTELLEGENT LIFE on it to study.

Ufologists claim there are THREE main craft that fly our skys. The black huge triangles, flown by the tall whites, the round or ovals flown by the short grays and the cigar shaped vessels who is also given credit to the grays or possibly small whites.

I wonder, what is the life span of these beings? Are they here for their entire lives to study us, knowing there is no way home in their life time. Have the mastered cryogenic stasis and can they travel THOUSANDS OF YEARS, thaw, study us a few decades, refreeze and return home to a society SO DIFFERENT from when they left that they don't even recognise their own world?

Personally, I think worm-holes (or some super galactic or Universal super highway system DOES exist) we just haven't created the MACHINE to open up a local ON-RAMP. Maybe THAT technology is transmitted to us when we are technologically advanced enough to build it - as in the movie CONTACT - who knows.

BUT WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW..... Do you think that ALIEN LIFE has a better chance of being good or evil? Is there a natural force in the Universe which causes EQUAL amounts of species, races who want to seek out and destroy and species which has interest in connecting up with other FRIENDLY species to fulfill some sort of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND happy ending.

I enjoyed MOST of the Star Trek Series - but found Deep Space Nine to be too dark and heavy - the galaxy had a dozen wars going on at any one time. I'd rather hope it is more of a VOYAGER (I believe the best of the Star Trek Series) type existence where vessels seek peace, but are prepared for war - with the hope of meeting new species and learning, sharing and separating on mutually acceptable terms.

So... what do you think?
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
IF ALIENS CAME TO EARTH
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:43:49 am »
Of course most people limit the capabilities of aliens to our own capabilities. Perhaps time and space is different for them. Perhaps they have a way to be anywhere at the exact moment they left their home. They can come here from a galaxy far far away, do their experiments on us and be home for supper.

Perhaps they are such an advanced intelegence that to them we are just mear worms. A spicies they are checking out like some lab rat.

I would have to wonder what would be the purpose of them coming here. Like us perhaps they are curious creatures and like to explore. Perhaps they are from a dying planet or their sun is about to go nova and they need another place to live. Perhaps, as on that movie, their ships are the size of cities and the mother ship is half the size of earth and they live thier whole lives on their space ship. This would mean they need to replenish their supplies every now and then. When it comes to survival other species don't really matter. They wouldn't be looking to preserve this world, or anyother, and would take what they need or just stripe it of all rewsources and move on to the next.

Either way it would come down to they would populate this world if they can survive here, or they would take what they need and move on, or they will leave us alone if there is nothing of value to them here.

Was the question about "Do I believe there are aliens?"  OR was it "that they would be good or evil?" Depends on ones definition of evil. Is the lion evil because it kills another animal to survive? Would the lion be evil if it killed a human?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
IF ALIENS CAME TO EARTH
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:58:31 pm »
I did a report in Science class about Like Space goo making new organisims by them just apearing with meteor's or like being shot  from distant planets, or the planets being blown up, with organic matter that comes back to life when it hits our planet
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline wayne

• House Bee
Re: IF ALIENS CAME TO EARTH
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:26:36 pm »
  Just because some one can fly an airplane or operate a computer does not mean they built it or know how it works on a mechanical level.
  At least one UFO researcher believes that at least one of the "Alien species" described by many is an artificial life form or a living probe so to speak. A creature grown, educated, and brought to a level of maturity aboard the ship in flight, and possible dumped after its life is over. Like one of out scientests sending a DNA sample to Mars where it is grown into a clone that conducts the study and files its papers under the original's name.
  We go to great lengths to study the few primitive cultures still on Earth, without contiminating them with modern technology. Perhaps we are the primitives to be studied by someone else' grad students and egg heads.

wayne
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »
Wayne:

I can't help but think that Drone and self propelled craft are also in the works. I don't doubt that superior speed-enabling technology is in play to get anyone whether live or robotic or symbotic here is as little as a few dozen life times of a species or in theroy that we just can't comprehend, in a matter of seconds.

I saw an interesting show on USOs the other night on Discovery - the Unidentified submercible objects really intrege me, since they may have the abilty to go to the deepest parts of our oceans and hide where no sonar would ever pick them up, and that's thinking they are not stealth, which I tend to think is that the majority are stealth.

I hope you get to see that show, I'll try to get info on it, I use XP media edition to record all my TV interests, I rarely watch stuff on "THEIR TERMS" choosing to sit down when I feel like it and stop and start as often as I wish.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:30:49 am »
We are the Aliens.. 

Single cell microbes are the seeds..  planets, galaxies collide..  hurling these seeds throughout space.. they land in suitable environments.. they multiply, transform, evolve to encompass the entire planet they fell upon w/ all aspects of living things..  always changing, evolving to adapt to the environment for the "life forms" ability to survive & reproduce.  The galaxy is sustained for billions of years until it collides w/ another..  the seeds are sown again..  the process continues. 

Why would we not think that "life itself" does not seed like a flower in your garden..  "The sleeper must awaken!" 

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 01:11:58 pm »
Kensfarm:

Can't say I disagree one bit. Not sure how seeds may get through some atmospheres, but maybe atmospheres form later in many cases.

I've always thought that the evolutionists and theologists should agree on one thing - that is "God created Evolution!" that would surely explain alot and appease everyone. Why wouldn't a God that creates a planet with sustainable life toss in evolution so those creatures can adapt to the long term changes planets go through?

I look at human beings - in starving countries women can breed under dire conditions, where her in more abundantly fed countries, women who starve themselve to the same points of malnutrician would have their reproduction systems slow down and more likely stop in order to save the mother to be's life.

The classic Emporer Crab story, where any crab caught that slightly had a shell marking that looked like the Emporer was tossed back - after a hundred years ALL EMPORER CRABS looked like the Emporer. We can force or wait for evolution to come, but it will IF species are expected to survive. And as a Christian, I'm not afraid to say that "The limited knowledge of the men who wrote the powerful words of the Bible" had no clue of Evolution, no more than they wrote of DNA, the Space Station, dinosaurs or the living creature of the deep sea.

LAstly, I think God keeps us on a "need to know" basis. We get the Word and interpret it to our current knowledge and try to find meaning that relates to today's world we live in. Every generation since the Bible was written has done the same and hopefully thousands of years from now people will do the same, although the world will be very different, they will still look for relative meaning to their current societal situation - that is man's way.

I've said this before, but if the bible were written today, terms like Internet and satelites would surely fill the pages, in a thousand years WOULD thouse words still make sense or have any meaning to the reader - I doubt it. It makes me think that the Bible, like the US Constitution (and I'm barely comparing the two for a purpose) were written by smart people with great wisdom and forsite. To be able to project meaning hundreds and thousands of years ahead, with no knowledge of what the magical inventions and trials of war will bring, their words still make sense and need only to be interpreted by us - yes, we are the seeds, in many many ways.

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 02:35:25 pm »
Not sure how seeds may get through some atmospheres

I started posting pieces.. but the article is interesting..  funny.. I thought of the "seed analogy" before even coming across this article.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB116190171100005230-u3DV7I3aNzygBnrLxW0EItF_kV0_20061125.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

" In August, astronomers announced they had found eight new biologically significant molecules deep in the giant clouds of gas and dust that spawn planets.  The new octet brings to 141 the number of different organic molecules found in interstellar space, all of which fall onto the surface of planets like seeds."

So much for my theory on how the seeds are spread.. but I guess that could happen too.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:37:36 pm by kensfarm »

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 08:40:45 pm »
Maybe its just people like us that just evolved into a Higher plane of being... lol

or maybe its just bits of organic dust floating around?

Maybe its watching us right now?
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 08:56:11 pm »
If, like me, you are religious and believe that God created man in his own image and likeness (meaning in physical shape and function we are God like) and you also believe in extra terrestrial life--how do the two equate?

1.  All extra terrestrials capable of traveling between the stars would resemble man just as man resembles God for the same reasons.
2.  Many myths and tales about Angles may be etra terrestrials visiting humans.
3.  God forbids the direct tinkering in earthling existence by extra terrestrials as is explained by Star Treks "Prime Directive."
4,  Visits and "medical examinations" doesn't constittute direct interference.

Any other ideas on this?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Dick Allen

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 01:24:07 pm »
Some aliens are good and have adapted to life on Earth. Some are evil and bent on destroying or taking over our planet.  If you want to learn more just read those tabloids at the supermarket checkout line. How do I know that? Because I saw the movie 'Men in Black' where Agent K and Agent J were "Saving the Earth from the Scum of the Universe"

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 02:02:46 pm »
i think that aliens are very mad at osama. since the attack, aliens have been pushed in the background, now every light in the sky isn't just an alien sorcer but a possible threat :lol:

(no offense to anyone, please)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 11:04:14 pm »
Did you guys catch this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=415514&in_page_id=1770

sometimes i wonder if movies like Independence Day (also one of my favorites) and the SG1 series, are not designed to prepare us for contact  :shock:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 11:06:14 pm »
1.  All extra terrestrials capable of traveling between the stars would resemble man just as man resembles God for the same reasons.
2.  Many myths and tales about Angles may be etra terrestrials visiting humans.
3.  God forbids the direct tinkering in earthling existence by extra terrestrials as is explained by Star Treks "Prime Directive."
4,  Visits and "medical examinations" doesn't constittute direct interference.

Any other ideas on this?

we are a big farming experiment?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 08:58:10 pm »
Uhmm ok so I was driving home from taco bell, getting some food, I saw flashing lights with a kind of strobe light imbetween it.

I saw 2-3 of them kinda going in the same direction, so I figured ok airplanes.

Then When I pulled home I could see over the distant hills, their was a light it was blinking with the bass of my music. (Techno if any one is curious so it was preaty rythmic and in time)

:-\

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 01:50:36 am »
To Kathyp:

If you want to consider that the following senario is an experiment then the answer would be yes.

The senario:  We all existed before we came here, we chose to do so.  We also agreed to certain afflictions to overcome in our life (sexual hangups, disabilities, etc.).  We also agreed to accomplish something for the benefit of the Creator in this life (our mission).  When our life is over we will be judged on how we have overcome out afflictions and how well we accomplished our mission.  But, more importantly we will be judged on how we treated each other during our short sojourn on this world we call earth.  We are then granted a reward based on those three things.
That's every religious text in the world boiled down to one paragraph. 

Some have the opportunity to die and, under certain conditions, are allowed to return at their choice.  Hence my statement that an athiest is someone who has never survived dying.  If you've ever made the choice to come back the know the truth of my one paragraph, if only on a subconscience level.  I've known several, besides myself, who have and we all agree.   
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 06:47:11 am »
Brian:

Just curious if you ever contemplated any of my OBE Page ideas and experiments www.beemaster.com/obe.html - curious if you think believe that a conscious being, wise enough to decide to come here with ambitious criteria, all good and honorable goals, is capable of independent existence outside the body while here, during life? More so, since "accepting afflictions" and other hardships is a choice, then at least one time, the spirit or conscious being did live out of body and will again do so later, if only for more judging and possibly a trip back for great rewards???

I do not believe conscious energy every goes away, it may not always jump from body to body doing missions like a superconsciousness warrior always entering into a new an even harder challenge - but energy capable of that and much much more. Energy that spans time and space and dimensions. Energy that remembers the positive of its past and seeks additional positive energy to share its experiences with in the vastness of the Universe.

I think all negative energy is grounded upon death, some may call the ceasing to exist - but to anyone who dreamed of an afterlife, glorious with God and endlessly awe-inspiring eternal life, being grounded is Hell - worse than being stranded at a desolate airport, alone for eternity.

So, when I say the conscious body can separate in an "Out of Body experience" or more physically demanding "Near Death Experience", I think it is a sampling meant to show the person that they are not creatures of flesh, but beings of energy and thought - but for the flesh part, we would be perfect in every way. Your thoughts Brian? Whether this GIFT of seeing that we are consciousness occurs from the hand of God, or that it is activated through more natural occurrences (again the details of the OBE page) is a different matter. I believe both and anyone lucky enough to experience OBE (which has some terrifying short term paralysis and vibrational States) can be very frightening - but to learn what really happened is an eye opener that is NEVER forgotten.

Interesting post, your ideas are not new to me, I know many people who believe we are the people we choose to become, no matter how severe the handicap or burden. I agree fully that life is a test, one that we are fully part in and free choice is the one tool we are given that allows us unimaginable greatness. And I am always amazed at how this topic can easily be threaded with astronomical and astrological positions - I have little doubt that ALL OF THOSE THINGS are greatly intertwined, I think of the Universe and all its many parts as the GREAT CLOCK OF GOD and every Solar System and Galaxy is a gear in it. To those who can truly read the information obtainable by the positioning of the planets and Signs, great awareness is available - if only their deciphering is as good as their understanding of the theory.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:13:48 am »
guess my mind works on a more simple level :-\  i was thinking 'meat', or at the most a great breeding experiment  :lol:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:43 am »
KathyP:

Don't mean to get too deep here - lol. I agree that our physical bodies (the part of us that breeds and sins far too often) may be from a seed of other planets. In the grand scheme of things, we don't seem to fit in to any of the other animal species - sure we look a bit like gorillas and monkeys, but the bloodline just doesn't jive.

Could we have come from a dying Mars? I think that likely - but just as likely we could have came from a lot further. Whether a ship filled with a dying civilization or a single ship with a crew that crashed here hundreds of thousands of years ago, I believe any species has the natural urge to survive and flourish.

So whether we are an experiment or a food source (hopefully not the latter) our existence here surely could find it's roots elsewhere.

I've said it before that I believe the Bible to be one of man's owner manuals. There are many on this planet to choose from, and imagine the number of books in the known Universe. Heck, in the Milky Way alone you may have millions - each written or inspired by a single God, and offered to man who is given Free Will to choose.

Possibilities are endless, that is for sure. But I think no matter where the physical body comes from, the conscious being that resides inside has a single source - I don't think that is such an abstract way of thinking, not when you believe that it is the person INSIDE that is the real person, the one we see on the OUTSIDE is just window dressing.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 01:14:48 am »
John:
The statement we existed before we came here means we existed in what we would consider a strickly Spiritual state.  Out of the body Man's form doesn't change we are still beings with arms, legs, fingers and toes.  The difference is the state of the enegry that makes up the body. Once out of it we return to our "prexistant" state, not having a solid body but still having the shape and image of that body. We talkl my mental image--a single thought is idea worth a 1000 words when you can see the same images the person you're conversing with projects the thought to you, it's like living the experience yourself.

If you believe in the Bible, which I do and should be obvious at this point, the statement "AS MAN IS GOD ONCE WAS" should have a clear message that God was once a spiritual being, became a physical being, returned to spiritual, and finally back to a physical being again.   Just as the good book says were are following the same path that God has.  This does not deminish God, by the way, but exhalts him because he is willing to share what he had become with the rest of us.
That's God's unltimate gift to mankind--We've chosen to call that final state Heaven.

One thing Scientist's get bogged down in is that they look at physical evidence and overlook the scriiptual evidence.  When God says that Adam and Eve began Man's Last dispensation upon the earth, that is what he means literally.  God has used earth as a development spot for beings long before present day man came along.  Each dispensation lasted for a specific period of time and had certain goals for the inhabitants of earth to achieve.  Think of it as successive classes in College--untimately you either drop out or graduate.  So thinking of life as a school room is more accurate than the person making that statement really understands.  I plan to graduate.

At the end of the final dispensation the spirits from all the other dispensations will get their sheep skins or flunk out. 

Being able to travel at the speed of thought (I want to got to Jupiter and as fast as that I'm there) is something we can't comprehend but is awesome to experience.  Spirits can literally travel that fast.

The thing about OBE is that I find them depressing.  People fill in what they can't remember with what they hope might be the case and everything gets distorted.  Instead of developing patience to learn things as they are revealed (happen) they want to rush the process. As a result the information becomes so distorted that it becomes "Unbelieveable" and the whole thing loses credibility.

I've also had some very interesting conversations with my guardian angel (we all have one) and not heeding his warnings is one of the reasons I ended up
disabled.  He's saved me from death nearly a dozen times and I've Ignored his warnings 3 times.  The more often you come in contact with the "otherside" (the spiritual side) of existance the easier it becomes to do. 
It also doesn't hurt (actually it does) that have nearly had your head caved in a few times so that your brain no longer funtiions on a totally "earthly frequency"

BTW We all attend out own funerals unless we've died in such a way that we get "Lost".  I can't attend a funeral without seeing the dearly departed and other ancestors. 
When My Mother died she had asked my oldest daughter to sing an specific song at the funeral.  My daughter got up to sing and broke down it tears--The I saw my mother "Step into my daughter's body" and my daughter recovered and say the song. When it was over my mother stepped back out of my daughter.

Say what you will but when you get there you'll find that what I've just related is true.