Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Getting Started in Central Alabama  (Read 3652 times)

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
Getting Started in Central Alabama
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:54:12 pm »
Hi to all,
I am gathering supplies and equipment to start my 1st hive. I am located near Birmingham, Al. & looking forward to this new hobby and hope to draw alot of wisdom from other members.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: Getting Started in Central Alabama
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:35:12 pm »
Hello from a fellow Alabamian,
You've come to the right place.  We just love this site and think you will too.  Good folks, family oriented, and lots of GOOD INFO.
We are in S. Central Alabama, just above the Alabama/Florida state line due south of you.  The Bees are really working here today.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:36:25 pm »
Let me the 2nd person the welcome you to the forum, a 1st for me, I'm usually a day late and dollar short.

It's a wonderful hobby.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:16:09 pm »
Hello and Welcome gwalker314
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:39:22 pm »
Gwalker, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  This will be a place where you can spend tons of time, learn tons of things, ask tons of questions.  We are friendly group that love new members, and love to help, listen.  Stick around, and as you will see, it WILL be a place where you will become addicted to, just as you will be held under the spell of those honeybees.  have a wonderful and most awesome life, day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline greenismycolor

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:09 am »
Hi and Welcome from another Alabamian!

This is a great site. There is always something new here to read. Hope you enjoy!
Believe!

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:20:21 am »
Hi to all,
I am gathering supplies and equipment to start my 1st hive. I am located near Birmingham, Al. & looking forward to this new hobby and hope to draw alot of wisdom from other members.

gathering supplies... :?  Hey wasn't there a rash of theft of bee equipment in the Alabama area recently.  :buttkick:

Besides gathering wisdom, I hope you like humor. Sometimes stupid humor, but humor just the same... :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 04:21:00 pm »
Hi to all,

gathering supplies... :?  Hey wasn't there a rash of theft of bee equipment in the Alabama area recently.  :buttkick:

Besides gathering wisdom, I hope you like humor. Sometimes stupid humor, but humor just the same... :roll:

BjornBee, now, now, you'll have'em thinking we're all from the Kinston/Samson area of Alabama!!

Offline Cossack

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:02 pm »
Welcome, This is a great site to learn from.

Mike.
I had a dream last night, I was eating a 10 pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone.....

Offline lmehaffey

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 11:31:16 am »
Hello, gwalker....I am in Shelby County (grew up in Southside, though) and am also just beginning this hobby. Let's compare notes when we can!
It is what it is.......except when it isn't.

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 11:46:34 am »
Hello Imehaffey,
I am in McCalla just off the I-459 /I-59 junction. I am just getting started this spring so I'll be glad to pass on what I learn from beginners experience & the forums.
Welcome

Gene Walker

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:51 pm »
hey gwalker nice to meet you.
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/