Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Training Brandon the ""RIGHT"" way.  (Read 2761 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Training Brandon the ""RIGHT"" way.
« on: May 29, 2012, 04:29:19 pm »
Today's cutout.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Training Brandon the ""RIGHT"" way.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
Yep, I see you training him the Iddee way!  :-D

I see honey stains under the oldest section of hive. Were they sprayed once before?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:00:10 pm »
Way cool, monster hive.

How did you know to pull down that much soffit?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »
Jp, the ones last year were sprayed and killed. There was an inch of debris on the window sill where this year's swarm had cleaned the old comb.

D., we removed the soffit in full pieces so it could easily be put back.The two pieces were joined in the middle of the hive.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »
Nice size hive there.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 03:57:48 pm »
I've been trying to "train" Peggy to do removals topless too...to no avail. Imagine the youtube hits I'd get!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
I just want to see the knots on your head when she sees that post.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00:29 pm »
Like that will ever happen :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything