Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mysterious Honey Discovered That Kills All Bacteria Scientists throw at it.  (Read 8908 times)

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
More good news for beeks on the use of natural honey and its medical uses.
http://worldtruth.tv/honey-discovered-that-kills-all-bacteria/
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
I am not convinced that it's that specific type of honey.  I suspect it's honey in general.  Actually I have seen ads in my medical magazines selling honey dressings.  The lack of sufficient water is the primary mechanism if I recall correctly. 
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
The beekeepers I bought my bees from treated a infecting facial cut the doctors couldn't stay ahead of with ordinary raw honey; healing began almost immediately as they tell it. I believe it, just glad I haven't had occasion to need that treatment myself.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Manuka honey is the best overall honey to fight some strains of stafylokokker

Then heather honey takes a second place but in some cases and strains is better, also ordinary honey is good, but Manuka is better.

mvh edward  :-P

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
I have been using honey for wounds and burns for years!  My nephew had a nasty infected would which initial medications would not help and honey did the trick - healed up nicely!

Offline ozebee

• House Bee

Offline Wonga

• House Bee
  • The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refill
Don't forget Henry the 5th, at the battle of Shrewsbury in Wales, in 1403, he was struck down by an arrow to the face. The Royal Physician, saved his life using honey poultices, preventing a deadly infection.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Wow! Who wants to believe real humbug.

All kinds of bacteria. And then you are broud that bee bread is a result of  lactic acid fermenting.

Honey has 130 different living yeast and bacterium species. When you add water, honey starts to ferment.

Lets wait time that in TV  surgeon has honey jar in front and then he takes with knife honey, spreads it carefully on skin and start tp split the skin of patient.  forget jodide!

In Europen Union it is now forbidden to use arguments that usual food stuffs heal diseases.
It has been used much with sour milk products, like lactic acid bacteria do that and that. There are allways in human gut lactic acid bacterium flora.

.or argument "helps to sustain normal healthy life"

.and that manuka honey is many years old thing.  it might be a good medicine against AFB,
nosema and CCD 
Language barrier NOT included

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
The beekeepers I bought my bees from treated a infecting facial cut the doctors couldn't stay ahead of with ordinary raw honey; healing began almost immediately as they tell it. I believe it, just glad I haven't had occasion to need that treatment myself.

wound start to heal very fast if you put  the wound edges immediately together.
Wound should be dry that no bacteria or yeast start to live on wound.

Where you need honey in this. Put it into your mouth.

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
Wow! Who wants to believe real humbug.

All kinds of bacteria. And then you are broud that bee bread is a result of  lactic acid fermenting.

Honey has 130 different living yeast and bacterium species. When you add water, honey starts to ferment.

Lets wait time that in TV  surgeon has honey jar in front and then he takes with knife honey, spreads it carefully on skin and start tp split the skin of patient.  forget jodide!

In Europen Union it is now forbidden to use arguments that usual food stuffs heal diseases.
It has been used much with sour milk products, like lactic acid bacteria do that and that. There are allways in human gut lactic acid bacterium flora.

.or argument "helps to sustain normal healthy life"

.and that manuka honey is many years old thing.  it might be a good medicine against AFB,
nosema and CCD 

I am not arguing for or against the whole honey thing, but your arguement is faulty do to the fact that none of the bee diseases are diseases located in honey.  It also takes water to make honey ferment.  
Keeping bees since 2011.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee

I am not arguing for or against the whole honey thing, but your arguement is faulty do to the fact that none of the bee diseases are diseases located in honey.  It also takes water to make honey ferment.  

contaminated honey is the most  usual way to spread AFB.

Old stored hone is the worst origin of bee diseases.
So simple.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
The Manuka honey people are smart.  They have paid to have the research done.  But they have not, as far as I know, compared Manuka to other types of honey... they are now shipping certified medical honey for the treatment of MRSA which does not respond to any other antibiotic.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
I googled about Manuka.
In a news in the year  2004 it was  said that manuka heals cancer.

Nothing new in that. The president of our beekeeping society said in TV 40 years ago that honey heals cancer. The society of medical doctors said that if he does not draw back  his stories, he  will be prosecuted in a court.

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
The Manuka honey people are smart.  They have paid to have the research done.
...they also have trademarked the tests (standard tests with trademarked names) so that they can cite the test results, not test any non-manuka honey, and although anyone can run the same tests on any honey, they can't call it the same thing...so the consumer can't ever see a comparison between the manuka honey and other honey.

deknow

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Some Swedish results about manuka and swedish honeys benificial healing. translated with google

"A little more about Antibacterial properties of honey Swedish
The pilot study conducted at the Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC), Karolinska Institute 1006th
The work has a background that reads: The use of honey and its by-products with medicinal purposes has been known since ancient times. More recently (this was written in 2006), this once again become topical due to the need to find new effective agent against antibiotic-resistant or difficult to treat bacteria, especially from open wounds. How can this natural product have such a positive impact? Possibly because the honey is a combination of antibacterial factors, including from the west country.

For example:
a Osmotic effect. The high concentration of sugars may inhibit bacterial growth.
b Hydrogen peroxide content. Hydrogen peroxide was once used to clean wounds and is a natural component of some honey types. The hydrogen peroxide may also be produced by heating of the honey by the enzyme glucose oxidase cleaves probes glucose. This enzyme is produced in the glands of bees and transferred to the nectar. The concentration was previously made use of to clean wounds (3%) caused damage to the tissues. The amount of hydrogen peroxide in honey contrast corresponds to one thousandth of this and released gradually. The tissue damage does not.
c Low pH-value between 3.2 and 4.5 which acts selectively against many bacteria.
d High in antioxidants.
E. Anti-inflammatory effect which prevents excretion from callus tissues.
f Positive stimulation of lymphocytes and phagocytes that is normally part of our immune system. 0.1% honey solution can provide positive stimulation.
g Bacterial Inhibitory substances from plants. The best known case is Manukahonung from New Zealand. Manukahonungen comes from Leptospermum scoparium (New Zeeländskt Tea tree) and have shown high antibacterial effect. In Australia and other countries, it has also been shown that there is local honey types with good antimicrobial properties.

In the preliminary study, we tested five different honeys.
1 Manukahonung with the UMF 10 +. UMF = Unique Manuka Factor - a measure of antibacterial activity which is not due to hydrogen peroxide, the equivalent concentration of phenol. Manuka bush provides different levels of the UMF factor in different areas of New Zealand. In some areas it is very low in others it reaches up to 10 and maybe the 15th
2nd Lind honey from Sörmland
3rd Summer Honey from Sörmland
4th Honeydew honey from Västerbotten
5th Heather Honey from the West Coast.

Results from agardiffusionsförsök with 4 different Swedish honeys, compared with Manukahonung, shows that only bacteria belonging stafylokockarter inhibited, other tested pathogenic bacteria not affected by any of honey varieties. Because Staphylococcus is the bacteria that most commonly causes wound infections, this is an important result. Different types of honey was shown to inhibit various staphylococci. Ex. S. epidermidis 29887 was inhibited only by manuka and heather honey and the other S. epidermisstammen inhibited by all honeys.
A summary of the results of two tests on MARA plates showed that the sugar solution, as expected, showed only a weak inhibitory effect. Manukahonungen showed the strongest effect. Heather seems to have some effect while summer honey was comparable to a sugar solution. Manuka and heather honey affects different microorganisms that indicates that different antibacterial substances may be active.

The natural bacterial presence in honey were also studied, and the bacteria eliminated by sterile filtration. It turned out that all the honey samples, except lime honey, contained relatively high levels of bacteria, despite the high concentration of sugar. Phenotypically seemed to grow few different species on each honey variety, homogeneous colonies looked like. No bacterial growth was found in the filtered sample.

The sketch for the continuation of the project, which is not lost, the idea was to explore a variety of honeys from different parts of Sweden and the Nordic countries. Ex. heather honey from different parts of the country but also bell heather honey and purple bell heather honey from the Norwegian west coast. Honeydew honey from different parts of the country and so on. Somewhere, perhaps we have a similar gem that Manukahonungen to happiness for the beekeepers who reside in the neighborhood. The honeys tested were crystalline, but it might be interesting to also investigate nyslungad, fresh honey.
Further work would also involve a further development of MARA method. Pollen analyzes would also provide more reliable information about the flora, the honey comes from.

Conclusion: The preliminary study has provided many interesting ideas for further studies"

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
My boy will finish this year his studies traumatology and bone surgery. He has studied medicine 14 years.

Now, a beekeeper reads a newspaper and he is a full doctor. Even more.

I am not going to play with anybody's heath. It is dangerous game.  And I hope that no one else too does not play medical doctor on the basis of beekeeper skill.

Honey health healing properties has been known thousands of years.... Yes sure....
India trusts on holy cows' urine.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
If his grades are any good he "might" get a job at the Karolinska Institute .

Stop beeing so negative, it must have been a long winter in Finland  :(

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
Well said Edward and I second that!

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
The Manuka honey people are smart.  They have paid to have the research done.  But they have not, as far as I know, compared Manuka to other types of honey... they are now shipping certified medical honey for the treatment of MRSA which does not respond to any other antibiotic.

This is not completely true either.  There are different susceptibility profiles and different kinds of mrsa.  I treat mrsa all of the time.  You have to be aware of what you are dealing with, but it's not always a death sentence.

As far as foul brood in honey, ya it may be in it honey but does it thrive in honey?  Do you get diseased honey or rotten honey?  Not unless it's diluted.
Keeping bees since 2011.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee

If his grades are any good

Stop beeing so negative

mvh edward  :-P

yeah!  why positive people do not make  miracles?

Heh heh. My boy has so much work to do with real patients  that he can no need to reseach honey in Karolinska institute.

- any good doctor skills.  you  do not understand what you are speaking. Some black magia?
Take your pills.  if a  doctor is  not  good, he does not get licence to work as a doctor. If you try, you go to jail. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:15:25 am by Finski »

anything