Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trap-out too high for old guy 78 and still going  (Read 3942 times)

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
Trap-out too high for old guy 78 and still going
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:26:09 pm »
JP, here is the one I was telling you about, 30ft. up Two of them in different windows . Should finish them up next week.

Moots

Re: Trap-out too high for old guy 78 and still going
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »
WOW!  Pretty Impressive!  I'm pretty bee crazy....but that's looking like one I might of had to say, "Thanks, but no thanks!" on... :)

On the other hand, if there's enough dead President's involved....maybe so!  :-D

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:23:00 pm »
A 78 year old man put that up there?  This 44 year old man would pause at that request.  Not saying I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't be itching to do it unless the price is right.  I hope to be able to still do that at 78...
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 04:00:27 pm »
Thanks guys, I still try, but getting harder all the time. This is the last one with cedar shakes, too many ways for them to get back in, I used 7 tubes of silicone caulk, and still have found them going back in this morning. Cedar shakes are definitely the hard ones  NO MORE.. The height is a problem also, but the guy called and I answered (I know you can't fix stupid) at least that is what Si says on Duck Dynasty...   JPPBEEGETTER

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »
When I was younger I worked stupid and as I am getting older I find ways to not use my body as much. My son at 32 doesn't listen too well and think he's made of steel. You would think after seeing me layed up for over a month with sciatica pain would help rethink how to lift stuff but sometimes you have to let stupid fix itself if it can. :-D If I live to be 78 which is 26 years in the future I would hope to be strong and smart enough to get them bees. ;) Good job and nice pics JPbeegetter.
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:36 pm »
Oh no, not me & not without a lift!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50:55 pm »
yall are missing it I am 34 with a 2 year old climbing that high is the stupidest thing I could do. At 78 dieing falling off a ladder seems like a manly way to go compared to the other options lol. Just like my dad who is 68 and still runs a full load of commercial fishing nets everyday of the week rain sleet or snow. People ask why I let him. I tell them him dieing on that boat is the way he wants to go. I bet the people that love jp say the same thing when explaining these photos lol.

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 03:59:42 pm »
Sealed up the one on the left this morning, will seal up the one on right prob. Monday, or next Friday at latest.. Been fun , like crap.. last one of this type for me...JP..

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 04:17:48 pm »
JPBG, you're about as dumb as that guy that lives about 12 mile south of you.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 01:36:15 pm »
Thanks Iddee, we ain't right are we?  But we get the job done. I would have let you go with me , but I figured this one might be a little too high ..I'll finish it up next Monday.. JPP.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »
I doubt it. I've done about as dumb a job a few times.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 09:51:26 pm »
I don't know, in one you are in a cherry picker, and in the other you are standing on a flat stable surface.  Both would be plenty o.k. in my book.

JC

Unlike me sometimes....
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

anything