Welcome, Guest

Poll

Online or Offline Hive Management Program?

Hosted completely online
4 (21.1%)
Offline, client side only
10 (52.6%)
Some combination of both (Please describe in post)
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Online or Offline  (Read 12723 times)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
Re: Online or Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 01:38:56 pm »
why limit your self to just the USA and Hobbyist ?

Offline KES

• House Bee
    • Terrabeethia
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 01:54:26 pm »
why limit your self to just the USA and Hobbyist ?

We're not limiting this to the USA at all.  Those were just the numbers that were verifiable.  I'm still looking for numbers from other countries. 

Commercial companies already have tracking solutions for their hives and hobbyists really don't have much to choose from, that's why we're starting with the hobbyist.  They also out-number the big companies 8-1.  Creating software capable of meeting commercial expectation was drive up the cost exponentially and would really be defeating the purpose for the smaller guys.

I'd really like to hear more of your thoughts steveouk, sounds like you might have some insight into why we're trying to accomplish.

Scoob

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:56 pm »
why don't you submit it to Codeplex. you will get lots of developers working on it then. one draw back is you wont be able to charge for the final solution but you will get a solution. It's run by Microsoft and has there support and backing.

Offline KES

• House Bee
    • Terrabeethia
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 11:16:03 pm »
Kind of the same thinking with crowd sourcing.  The first post in this thread has a link to the other thread where I describe what we're doing.  I'm crowd sourcing it over at cambrianhouse.com.  There seems to be a lot of interest in the project and it just won last weeks voting round.  I did an interview with them here.

If you would like to have some input into development, PM me.

anything