Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi! Newbee here from Oz  (Read 1994 times)

Offline hollie

• New Bee
Hi! Newbee here from Oz
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:03:31 am »
Hi All.
Newbee member here. I'm in Western Australia. Returning to beekeeping after an enforced (other committments) break from this fascinating hobby. Hadn't been at it alone (had a mentor for a few years) all that long - So a newbee keeper too.   :-D. 
Just starting a major flow: setting up the hive; first look, cleaned up the burr comb - they need some room! - and was wondering if I put the fresh burr comb in the hive or just outside, will the bees reuse it to draw the new foundation I've put in?
Thanks
hollie

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Hi! Newbee here from Oz
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:41 am »
Welcome to the forum and back to beekeeping Hollie.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 09:28:04 am »
Hi, welcome to the forum, Hollie.  I used to remove it also, but they will just build it back.  There are some that I will still remove to were you can get frames out, other that that I don't.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 01:28:14 am »
Welcome to the forum.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline hollie

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 06:48:47 am »
Thank you all for your 'Welcome' s.  It's great to be actively involved again. Guess I should have posted my query elsewhere in the Forum: I'm really new to Forums and Chat Rooms. Cheers!  Hollie