Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Strange collection of bees  (Read 9473 times)

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: Strange collection of bees
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
southern to the bone bee keeper with his dander a little riled by you continious remarks about us.
Sorry about this to you others, but to you bejorn; for in your opinion you are a nice guy. but not in mine. you love to try and get people stired up with your snide little remarks and then act all hurt when someone comes back on you. if you were to use your vividiest imagination you would not come close to the contempt i have for you.
to bee or not to bee

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »
1) I gave my opinion on what the OP asked. I gave several scenarios.

2) I then, suggesting action instead of more days of discussion. Not one other reply did much to remedy the solution for the homeowner. I could care less if all they wanted was information. I offered action, and there is nothing wrong with that.

3) JP, could of ignored my post, but responded that I was wrong, and that the OP was "learning" from the episode. Which I agree, that ALL the posts were potentially helpful. Regardless of whether JP thought my reply was agreeable to him.

4) I suggested removing the screen to alleviate a problem, instead of more talk after two days, which now finding out the homeowner has a bee phobia, probably was good advice afterall.

5) I could care less what bud1 thinks of me. Once again, instead of just moving on, you throw fuel on the fire while suggesting I stir things up, after a mere joke. You come back with some rather nasty personal comments. And I'm the "bad" guy. What a joke it actually was.  ;)

I actually have feelings about most folks here. Most are good natured. Some are not. But I never thought it proper to use the words such as contempt in directly commenting on them, or stating they are not nice. And I think anyone who can't take a poke about southerners, northerners, or any other group, which is intended as good natured fun, should probably take a break.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 04:29:48 pm »
I think the OP was just curious about the behavior and wanted to learn more about it. Seems to me he was just trying to get educated about bees.

Originally yes in the first post.

Read reply #4. The OP directly asked what she could do to alleviate the circumstances from happening again. Since the bees are trapped, removal of the screen would be a sensible and logical thing to do. Regardless of why they got there, letting the bees disperse seemed logical to me.

I guess I should of ignored the request and just assumed she was being educated as JP stated.  :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 06:36:16 pm »
1) I gave my opinion on what the OP asked. I gave several scenarios.

2) I then, suggesting action instead of more days of discussion. Not one other reply did much to remedy the solution for the homeowner. I could care less if all they wanted was information. I offered action, and there is nothing wrong with that.

3) JP, could of ignored my post, but responded that I was wrong, and that the OP was "learning" from the episode. Which I agree, that ALL the posts were potentially helpful. Regardless of whether JP thought my reply was agreeable to him.

4) I suggested removing the screen to alleviate a problem, instead of more talk after two days, which now finding out the homeowner has a bee phobia, probably was good advice afterall.

5) I could care less what bud1 thinks of me. Once again, instead of just moving on, you throw fuel on the fire while suggesting I stir things up, after a mere joke. You come back with some rather nasty personal comments. And I'm the "bad" guy. What a joke it actually was.  ;)

I actually have feelings about most folks here. Most are good natured. Some are not. But I never thought it proper to use the words such as contempt in directly commenting on them, or stating they are not nice. And I think anyone who can't take a poke about southerners, northerners, or any other group, which is intended as good natured fun, should probably take a break.

This is what you wrote:

"It's a simple problem, and has a simple solution. Which takes about 2 minutes to complete, versus the two days of discussion that this has evolved into."

Here you are insinuating that the two days of discussion that the OP started was a waste of time.

I never said nor insinuated you were wrong about anything you might have said.

This is what I said:

"And while the discussion continues, some are learning about this little episode, which is why the OP came here in the first place."

It was a light hearted attempt (smilie included) to challenge your view that the two days of discussion was not a waste of time.

You then tried to bully the discussion and rate my advice as questionable at best. You took offense to my mere light hearted attempt at pointing out that the discussion was not a waste of time and then proceeded to attack me personally and all southern bee keepers.

I can take a joke as well as the next person but your sense of humor in this discussion was more of a personal attack and in bad taste.

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
First off, guys, remember that Bjorn is from north of the mason-Dixon line. You don't expect much from those folks. You just kinda smile and shake your head. Lord bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.

Secondly, anyone who asks about 2 or 3 hundred bees they see in their home, and state it's the most they have ever seen, is telling most "sensible, ie. southern", beeks that they have a bee phobia.That means they don't want to walk into the midst of them and remove a screen.

Thirdly, If the name Rob is as most, he is not a she. I suppose it takes a southerner to realize that, too.

Fourthly, if that's a word, that many bees is 90% likely to be an abscond in Albany, N.Y. Meaning they are on death row anyway. Why not use them for education? They certainly aren't going to make a survivable colony.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »
This is what you wrote:

"It's a simple problem, and has a simple solution. Which takes about 2 minutes to complete, versus the two days of discussion that this has evolved into."

Here you are insinuating that the two days of discussion that the OP started was a waste of time.

I never said nor insinuated you were wrong about anything you might have said.

This is what I said:

"And while the discussion continues, some are learning about this little episode, which is why the OP came here in the first place."

It was a light hearted attempt (smilie included) to challenge your view that the two days of discussion was not a waste of time.

You then tried to bully the discussion and rate my advice as questionable at best. You took offense to my mere light hearted attempt at pointing out that the discussion was not a waste of time and then proceeded to attack me personally and all southern bee keepers.

I can take a joke as well as the next person but your sense of humor in this discussion was more of a personal attack and in bad taste.

...JP

Should I respond now, or are you going to contact Bud? I guess an email went out to tommy in Florida and few other folks, rounding up the good ol' boys support group. That is what usually happens.  :buttkick:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »
WELL?? That was your intention, wasn't it? I didn't see anything in your posts other than an intent to get something started. Were they supposed to mean anything else?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »
New Joke:

Q: How many Northern beekeepers does it take to pi** off hundreds of Southern Beekeepers!

A: Just One  :buttkick: :lau:

Lighten up guys-- It is what it is and you know what it is!
John 3:16

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:54 pm »
Hold on guys, I'm typing on the other scren. But you guys are too fast. :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:12 pm »
SC, don't give him the satisfaction. My mother used to say: "Ignore it, maybe it'll go away". She meant when someone tries to get a row started, don't feed it and it'll give up.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:42 pm »
We can't help it if you yanks can't keep up.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »
Hey iddee!

Now, now! ...don't get caught up in the details. It's not really about what I said, or something I mentioned. It is clear that the remarks towards me is about contempt and bitterness. I usually get this or worse for far less than some southern comment. It is hard for most to see things in the proper light of humor or just a smaller issue than they make it out to be, when contempt, bitterness, and other personal feelings are thrown into the mix.  

As for Rob, I was looking at the sign in name as robsee. I didn't see the "rob". Perhaps rob is "robsee" in the south, as bud would be "budsee". Bubba would be Bubsee, Junior would be Susie, wife would be cousin, and so on. I don't get it. Maybe it's a southern thang.  :roll:

Back to the details....I had thought that "robsee" had spoke to at least one or three beekeepers who identified the bees. I assumed, that someone was over to see what was happening. But maybe that did not happen. So I thought it would be a simple request to ask the next beekeeper to pull down the screen.

Maybe robsee should quit asking for advice and just ask the many beekeepers he/she keeps calling, to just make a visit. Or is that something nobody does in the south. Robsee has a cluster on the window, has a phobia towards bees, and yet nobody has the gumption to visit, perform a service, etc.

Two days of chatting over this. And nobody has suggested robsee get in touch with a beekeeper, nobody has offered to locate a local bee club, and nobody has done anything other than try to educate  and speculate why the bees are there. I guess that is a southern thing.

And it's no wonder robsee has commented that next time, an exterminator is probably the option of choice. Leave it to beekeepers to screw it up.  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:01 pm »
New Joke:

Q: How many Northern beekeepers does it take to pi** off hundreds of Southern Beekeepers!

Good one!

Not sure if that really is a joke about northerners. Think about it.........oh, I forgot. Never mind.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »
We can't help it if you yanks can't keep up.

You can't help much for many things, can you?

Is this too much "code"? Not sure if you understood that. Let me know, and I'll explain if need be.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »
""when contempt, bitterness, and other personal feelings are thrown into the mix."'

Each regular member has a reputation. Many times their known habits are thrown back at them.

""Perhaps rob is "robsee" in the south""   ""Or is that something nobody does in the south.""

Maybe he is in "south" Albany, N.Y., I don't know, do you, Mikey?

""Two days of chatting over this. And nobody has suggested robsee get in touch with a beekeeper,""

You're right. NOBODY! Not even a yankee.

""You can't help much for many things, can you?""

Yeah, we can help people with bee problems, in spite of yanks trying to prevent it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:36 pm »
Robsee, don't pay any attention to us. We like to tease each other a bit now and then.

As for your bees, they are likely what is known as an abscond. They ran out of food, or had too many pests in their hive and were dieing anyway, so left their home on a last ditch effort to survive. They will go away in a couple of days.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:38 pm »
Hey iddee!

Now, now! ...don't get caught up in the details. It's not really about what I said, or something I mentioned. It is clear that the remarks towards me is about contempt and bitterness. I usually get this or worse for far less than some southern comment. It is hard for most to see things in the proper light of humor or just a smaller issue than they make it out to be, when contempt, bitterness, and other personal feelings are thrown into the mix.  

As for Rob, I was looking at the sign in name as robsee. I didn't see the "rob". Perhaps rob is "robsee" in the south, as bud would be "budsee". Bubba would be Bubsee, Junior would be Susie, wife would be cousin, and so on. I don't get it. Maybe it's a southern thang.  :roll:

Back to the details....I had thought that "robsee" had spoke to at least one or three beekeepers who identified the bees. I assumed, that someone was over to see what was happening. But maybe that did not happen. So I thought it would be a simple request to ask the next beekeeper to pull down the screen.

Maybe robsee should quit asking for advice and just ask the many beekeepers he/she keeps calling, to just make a visit. Or is that something nobody does in the south. Robsee has a cluster on the window, has a phobia towards bees, and yet nobody has the gumption to visit, perform a service, etc.

Two days of chatting over this. And nobody has suggested robsee get in touch with a beekeeper, nobody has offered to locate a local bee club, and nobody has done anything other than try to educate  and speculate why the bees are there. I guess that is a southern thing.

And it's no wonder robsee has commented that next time, an exterminator is probably the option of choice. Leave it to beekeepers to screw it up.  :-D

There will always be more than one option when dealing with bees. At no time were any of us pinned down by the OP for one concrete solution. It began as a discussion with a thirst for knowledge.

I believe he came on here and thanked us for the advice that was given. You seem to be the only one dissatisfied at how the discussion was being handled, grew impatient, labeled the discussion as a waste of time then proceeded to go on the attack like you normally do when you are trying to force others to see your way of thinking.

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 09:35:08 pm »
""when contempt, bitterness, and other personal feelings are thrown into the mix."'

Each regular member has a reputation. Many times their known habits are thrown back at them.

""Perhaps rob is "robsee" in the south""   ""Or is that something nobody does in the south.""

Maybe he is in "south" Albany, N.Y., I don't know, do you, Mikey?

""Two days of chatting over this. And nobody has suggested robsee get in touch with a beekeeper,""

You're right. NOBODY! Not even a yankee.

""You can't help much for many things, can you?""

Yeah, we can help people with bee problems, in spite of yanks trying to prevent it.

Go back and read the posts. I was the one who suggested action, not another day or two of words. But that seemed to bring more than one who commented that robsee just wanted to be "educated", even though it was clear he/she was asking what to DO!

This yank picked up on that. Can you imagine instead on suggesting the removal of the screen, and something as far fetched as contacting a local beekeeper or bee association? Heads would of exploded!
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 09:40:52 pm »

There will always be more than one option when dealing with bees. At no time were any of us pinned down by the OP for one concrete solution. It began as a discussion with a thirst for knowledge.

I believe he came on here and thanked us for the advice that was given. You seem to be the only one dissatisfied at how the discussion was being handled, grew impatient, labeled the discussion as a waste of time then proceeded to go on the attack like you normally do when you are trying to force others to see your way of thinking.

...JP

Blah, blah, blah!

Didn't you already say as much earlier?
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 10:28:28 pm »
New Joke:

Good one!

Not sure if that really is a joke about northerners. Think about it.........oh, I forgot. Never mind.

:lau: :lau: :yippiechick: Gives new meaning to the Southern phrase "Forget He**"............ ;)

I'm glad you are just a YANKEE and not a DAM* YANKEE --- I am sure you know the difference!!!
John 3:16