Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Americas army  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Americas army
« on: April 21, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »
#1 online game, there ain't a better, more realistic one!!! wouldn't trade it for nothing! skills really counts.
i even have a clan called USB(United Slovenian Brothers), well me and my friend started it and have it.
oh, and the game is free, and there's a tracker that tracks your kills, KIA, score, leader score..and so on

www.americasarmy.com
http://aaotracker.com/portal.php
http://aaotracker.com/clanprofile.php?clanid=27887  -USB clan
http://aaotracker.com/usertracker.php?userid=341448   - ME:D

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
Re: Americas army
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:52:57 am »
I love this game, I think it's awesome. I haven't played in a long time though.

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:01:01 pm »
So this is where all you gaming psychos hang out. I actually have resisted peeking in - I'm a reformed Quake addict myself. Just curious about this game; my son played it for a while but says Red Orchestra beats it hands down. Just curious...

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 06:08:25 pm »
you can't like AA, you either adore it, or think it's total crap.
why i think it's "better" than others:
-you don't have to be on speed to keep up with other, although, after a while, you don't notice how "slow" the gameplay is (compared to some others)
-also has to do with speed and reality, when you sprint, you can't fire, and it takes a second from sprinting, to birng the rifle to sights
-aiming through sights pays off, especially on larger maps, i mean REALLY pays off, you can't just run and shoot
-you don't just press G and a grenade flys off while you're firing, it's a procedure
- flashbang actually is FLASH (almost 30 sec) and BANG (you actually don't hear enemy closing on on you)
-sprint a lot, get tired, impossible aim, stamina counts
-...bottom line is, the most "real" game there is, maybe OF is better, but i think it's not for free.

but nowadays, i just got...lazy, don't have time, i just don't play ANY games and that's ANY!!!!
try it, only 2 ways, love or hate.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 11:18:28 pm »
I haven't looked either, I use to be a hard time Age Of Empire II addict, I still like to play it online but haven't in about a year..... best game I ever played.....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 12:43:58 am »
Age of Empires will never be surpassed. A true classic. Never played it online much - those were our dial up days. I was involved with the developement of the Urban Terror module that ran on the old Quake engine. It was the best first person shooter out there until stuff like MOH, COD, etc came along.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:28:20 pm »
i got hooked on warcraft 3 and spent many nites playing instead of sleeping.  i have considered playing again and running it to the big screen tv.  so far, i have been able to resist.

AA looks like fun, but it is far more advanced than when i first looked at it.  i wouldn't know where to start.

my youngest left me a box of games.  among them, age of empires.  i'll have to take a look at it since you all like it so much.  i also like the DVD version of sims 2.  sometimes i just let it run to see how they do on their own.  often, they die   :evil:

we have come a long way from Zork!!  :-)  (i know that really dates me!  :-))
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 12:53:43 pm »
Warcraft 3? Is that related to World of Warcraft? My son has started playing the latter though we're keeping a tight rein on him. He has a tendancy to get rather sucked in (don't we all?).

So when was Zork in it's heyday? I vaguely remember the name.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 01:24:25 pm »
Warcraft 3? Is that related to World of Warcraft? My son has started playing the latter though we're keeping a tight rein on him. He has a tendancy to get rather sucked in (don't we all?).

So when was Zork in it's heyday? I vaguely remember the name.

the same.  i never played the earlier versions, but my youngest gave me Dungeon Siege as a starter game and moved me up to
WarCraft.  i had been away from the games for a long time.....with good reason.  they eat up your life!  good for you for limiting play.  my grandchildren are limited to 1 hour a day, and that after all other work is done.  they do not play on sunday because that is family day.

i don't remember exactly when Zork came out. some time in the 80's.  it was so exciting because it was the first interactive adventure game that any of us had played.  it was all text and you had to type in commands like 'go up' or 'turn left'.  you had to draw your own maps as you went.  since there was no internet, game hints were shared on the old local bbs.  the game came on those big old floppy disks.  i don't remember how many disks it took for one game.  i think the first time i played it was on the Commodore 64, which i owned until i got an Amiga 2000.  that was an exciting machine.  it had a point and click OS and took both the big floppies and the new and exciting small floppies that held so much more info.  it was also the advent of  mouse use by the common man!  Ah.....those were the days.  if you could not read, write, and break code, you were nothing.  the heyday of the hackers!  :-)

update:  thanks a lot guys.  :-(  i broke out WoW and loaded it on my new computer.  if you don't have a big flat screen on your computer, you don't know what you are missing.  already my back hurts from the tension of the battles.

at least my addiction is self limiting.  hubby is only out of town for the week...of course he's gone often, so i have many late nights to feed the addiction.  :-)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:51:19 pm by kathyp »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.