Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Removal Videos  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
Removal Videos
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:55 pm »

Did these in the last 2 weeks. One inside the house one end up under  the house.

Clinton, MS
Clinton, MS Bee Removal

Hollandale, MS
Hollandale MS Bee Removal

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Removal Videos
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »
nice straight comb!  makes life easier.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:28 am »
Mike, bees will run regardless of you smoking them or not but smoking them takes the edge off. I highly recommend applying smoke if you see any aggression. I have done many without even a puff but the smoker definitely has its place.

For the love of God, go buy you a small bucket & fill that sucker up with preferably warm to hot water to remove honey from your tools and your gloves. That little tip goes a long way buddy!  :-D

That second one was a dandy, the first one, better you than me!  :-D

Keep up the good work!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:32:04 am »
Great jobs.

But Please PLEASE get a camera stand. OH my head! :(

I picked up a hive today from a superior court judges house got 8 frames of brood . he asked that I don't take photos of the house. guest he has some mad people out there.

John

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09:16 am »
yeah I could use a bucket with water.

The first one I was trapped in that crawl space and I have run my own self out of to many interior removals with the smoker. Problem was I had got caught in the pouring rain and was soaked from head to toe so the suit was clinging to every inch of me so every bee that attacked got their stinger in me lol. I took one to the ankle in that removal that had me limping for days I dont know what that bee had in him but my ankle swelled huge and from the moment he shot it to me that thing hurt a make you go home hurt lol.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:32 am »
Mike, I can't tell you how many removals I've done this on: brought the smoker in, smoked the hive, then placed it outside. If I need more I run out, grab it, a few more puffs or so & it goes right back outside

Just this little bit is usually all I need to get me through on many a removal

Keep up the good work buddy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:39 am »
mike on any removal or even checking a hive use smoke, its not you might get in trouble, but when. loose the gloves they get you to crushing to many bees and get the piss of smell going. like jp says some water and a little smoke and you wont nee the suit or golves, just keep them handy for about 2 times a yr
hope to see you next april  take care
to bee or not to bee

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:31 am »
hey bud

I just hate bringing smoke in a inclosed area with me. I did one last year in a huge mansion and took the smoke inside by the time it took me to get the hive smoked I had to give the house to them bees I had choked my own self out. lol The gloves my hands swell huge I mean to the point to not being able to use them. The suit I always do something stupid that warrants the suit like that second removal I was sitting there doing my thing then I looked down and darn it I didnt have a 1/2 pound of bees on each ankle only thing that went threw my head was god I hope those ankle zippers are down and tight. Thinking about it on the first removal I goofed and had a piece of honey comb brake and smack me straight in the face I had honey on my face threw the screen.

Now what I didnt say on the video it was Fathers day and the guy had his grand kids over. So in the video when I say the house is vibrating the truth is it sounded like there was a herd of wild horses over the top of me. Every time I would say thats enough I got to tell them to stop they would quit. I knew why I was getting stung just didnt want to say it on video.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:48:20 am »
keep at it. yep some do some swelling  chris   Kathy p;s husband did that here, but was a trooper and even though his looked like a coupla blowed up surgical gloves he was ready  to get back in tmem the next day
to bee or not to bee

anything