Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When bees clean up extracted frames....  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Algonam

• House Bee
When bees clean up extracted frames....
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »
When bees clean up extracted frames....what do they do with the honey from the old frames?
We have freshly extracted frames sitting beside a hive right now and the bees are busy cleaning it up. Are they just consuming the honey or are they somehow transferring it to the hive?
Probably another stupid question eh?

Oh Canada!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: When bees clean up extracted frames....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »
They fill their bellies and then refill their combs with it.   Just like robbing.   

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: When bees clean up extracted frames....
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:09 pm »
Their are no stupid question

When bees clean up extracted frames....what do they do with the honey from the old frames?

You are open feeding bees can come from up 2 mi away or so

We have freshly extracted frames sitting beside a hive right now and the bees are busy
cleaning it up. Are they just consuming the honey or are they somehow transferring it to the hive?

If you can 100yd so is better If the bees are come 2mi or so both if next door transferring.
The reason for this is bees from the other hives may start to robbing the hive right next to the freshly extracted frames next time you will now this.

Probably another stupid question eh?

IMHO This is not a stupid question
 Hope this help you out

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

anything