Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Apalusa  (Read 3598 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Apalusa
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:13:50 am »
What a horse has just bought my neighbour!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Apalusa
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:06:07 pm »
Abejaruco, what a beautiful picture of a beautiful horse.  This breed is very attractive.

It is funny though, we call this breed of horse "Apaloosa", funny how languages call things differently.  Have a wonderful, beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 02:57:12 pm »
funny how languages call things differently
Yes, like lagarto and alligator.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »
hummm, this horse, is..ummm interesting :-D

apalusa - apaloosa, ok...call me naive, but these two words are ALMOST identical, at least pronouncing is (for me).

lagarto - alligator, also seems relatively close, probably from derives latin....

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:45:11 pm »
I was on a High School Rodeo Team and  my calf roping horse looked just like that one. When you nodded your head you had to pull him back or you would break the barrier and lose time, What a great horses this breed is.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 09:39:24 pm »
Wow, thats such a coincidence seeing that horse!
Me and my friend Paul were going fishing Friday after work and I saw one with the same kind of spots!!.. I told Paul it was a "Dalmation Horse". I would've like to have this horse a couple of years ago because it would have matched my dog Annie(a Dalmation).
yalls friend,
john

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:56:33 pm »
what a breed.  my son had one for years.  we got him for free because his feet were so bad the vet wanted to put him down.  we took a chance on him and he turned out to be one of the best horses we ever owned.  i sold him a few years ago and he's still going strong for his owner.  they are great horses....but stubborn!  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 05:56:11 am »
stubborn was an understatement most of the time.  head strong is was another word that came to mind.