Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Do I need to be worries (reaction to stings)  (Read 7762 times)

Offline shemer

• House Bee
    • my beehive
Re: Doo I need to be worries (reaction to stings)
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 01:03:25 am »
Hey.....I never thot of vodka and honey!! Sounds great!...almost like "instant mead"!

your friend,
john

well, that`s what peasants alwaysed used in Russia as an antidot to a bee sting, they still do, actually.  However, I believe that these days there are lots of more effective medication to apply.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Do I need to be worries (reaction to stings)
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:34 am »
it's an immunization to keep you from getting tetanus (lock jaw).  it's done every 6 to 10 years depending on what your risk level is.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline shemer

• House Bee
    • my beehive
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 01:42:39 am »
it's an immunization to keep you from getting tetanus (lock jaw).  it's done every 6 to 10 years depending on what your risk level is.

intersting, never heard of that. is it mandatory for a beekeper in the US?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 01:52:12 am »
oh no.  it's not mandatory for anyone except kids need it for school.  it's a good idea especially if you work on a farm or some place where you are apt to get scraped up and dirty.  tetanus lives in soil and can infect you through a cut.  Clostridium tetani spores.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 09:40:37 pm »
Yehhh....whats tetanus? :-D
your friend,
john

Offline podius

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:58 am »

intersting, never heard of that. is it mandatory for a beekeper in the US?

It's just one of a long line of government mandated vaccines that US citizens are required to have injected into their bodies. You can at this time still elect not to have the injections, but then you are denied the ability to participate in many social and government run programs.
John VT
Spooner, WI(Northwest WI-up in the nose)
equipment---All medium 10 frame boxes, top entrance's, no foundation frames and mann lake pf 120's (7 hives)

anything