Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newly registered in El Dorado, CA  (Read 2023 times)

Offline JoanneMarie

• New Bee
Newly registered in El Dorado, CA
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:42:47 pm »
Hi,

I've been a beekeeper for just a little over a year.  I started with a package hive last May and added a second hive this May by capturing a swarm.  I was very fortunate last year to meet Annette (yes, the Annette with the red umbrella).  Annette and fellow beekeeper Shauna were doing an oak tree cut out just down the street from me.  She has been a great mentor.  We have done many more swarm captures together, including a fantastic one today which she is going to post pictures of.  I hope to learn a lot and maybe pass on a few things I have learned.

Joanne Marie

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Newly registered in El Dorado, CA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:45:39 pm »
Yes, dear people, this is my beekeeper friend Joanne and she is a wonderful person. A very enthusiastic beekeeper and wonderful person to hang out with. Very upbeat and happy.

She knows all about this forum, JP's Videos, Bud's annual get together.

Welcome my friend, to the forum!!

Annette

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:30 am »
Any friend of Annette's is a friend of mine! Welcome Joanne!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:12:39 am »
Mam you just come on down with Miss Annette next spring; being a friend of hers you just got yo personal invite to our little gathering. of course we will go to any means to get Miss Annette here.
take care and have yo self a goodun
to bee or not to bee

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »
Bud

Joanne and her husband plan on coming with me to your gathering next year. What a wonderful invitation you have given here.

Thanks also Scott for that nice word you put in for me.

Sincerely
Annette

Offline JoanneMarie

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:28 pm »
Bud,

Thank you so much for the invitation.  It looks like you guys have too much fun, I have to come see. I'm looking forward to it.

Regards

Joanne

Joanne Marie

Offline JoanneMarie

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
Scott,

Thanks for the welcome.  Annette keeps passing information to me from the forum and yesterday she said "Joanne you need to get on this forum, you will learn so much."  So here I am.

Joanne
Joanne Marie

anything