Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: cant belive what my neighbor done  (Read 3620 times)

Offline millermann1972

• New Bee
cant belive what my neighbor done
« on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:55 pm »
i just got started beekeeping last year with two hives. this year i went to all my neighbors and informed them that i had bees on my property. i gave them all some made up business cards and ask them if they had any swarms land on there property to give me a call 24/7 and i would take care of it. well got a call today from the guy next door saying he had found a swarm in a bush but that he was allergic to them and he didn't know what to do so he done the unthinkable.... :-x threw gas on them. by the time i got there bees where dead everywhere. with a idol tung i explained to him that they where looking for some where to go and wouldn't have been there long and wouldn't have done him no harm. bees don't have a chance with idiots like that. distrout...... millermann

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: cant belive what my neighbor done
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:53:01 pm »
that's to bad.  people don't realize that a swarm is not going to bother them. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:57:49 pm »
Didn't know you live next door to my son in law.  He is so bad as to throw a gallon of gas on a three inch green lizard and then light it.  Almost cost him a house.  What was my daughter thinking when she married the idiot? :'(  :shock::'( :roll:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:03:17 pm »
 Hey millerman,
 I have a nabor like that. The thing is, is that he comes over every now and then to borrow something, usually a chainsaw, mower, auger. or metal. He's been in the doghouse with most people around here due to his tongue.
 Every time he comes to my house to do his "Borrower" thing" He always has to tell me how many of my bees hes stomped on or sprayed or swatted or killed one way or another!
 Why dont I just knock the crud out of him and tell him to quit coming around opening his big mouth about killing bees when he has the nerve to ask for something?
 Once, awhile back, he told my buddy paul that he wasnt going fishing with us as my dad wad going with us(as usual)..He suggested that I tell my dad to sit out so he could go. Eric says that four people in the boat are too many. He knows full well that its not uncommon for me to have 5 people in the boat.

Some people just dont have a clue, do they!?
 Bad thing is, my bees are out at his place making his garden and flowers grow!!

your friend,
john

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 11:04:39 pm »
6 to 8 in every 1000 people are allergic to honey bees, and one has to live next to you. I do not believe for one instant that he is allergic. An idiot yes, and even more so if he is allergic to bees. For someone who truly has a life threatening experience from a bee sting, they would call an exterminator than risk a trip to the hospital and their own life.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:07:43 pm »
Fools - What ya gonna do?  Your wasting time trying to educate a knot hole. :)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 11:11:47 pm »
gee whiz, HAB!!
 It sounds like you really got a loony on your hands!
good luck!
your friend,
john

Offline millermann1972

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:45 pm »
well he told me he thought they where yellowjackets...give me a break... i mean the perfect swarm... about four feet high in a bush...had to be huge by the number of dead bodies on the ground. around here yellowjacket are in a stump or ground not four foot in a tree. he had done this last night so the queen had been dead for a while and they was hot...had to put the suit on hot...he was setting 5 feet from where the survivors where... not many left and i got popped...thats a hell of a note i was trying to save them and they got me and left idiot alone.... like you said about allergic stuff was crap. but life goes on

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:43 pm »
You would not believe this guy.  It rained Monday, afterwards my 72 year old mother left to go home.  Our driveway is 1/2 mile long and only has a gravel surface.  She called 15 minutes later to say she was home safe at the other end of the drive (she and my father live on the farm in a 200 year old farm house.)  So my daughter and the idiot leave.  He's driving. You know where this is going don't you?  Fifteen minutes later my mother calls in hysterics!!  They're stuck in the drive screaming at one another.  Genius saw water in a puddle (mind you my 72 year old mother just went down this drive) and is afraid he'll get stuck.  So he tries to drive through a five strand barb wire fence to get around it.  Now they're stuck in the fence, have ruined the car's paint and the fence, and my wife has to get one of the tractors (I'm in a wheelchair and can drive it but it takes ten minutes for me to get on it) to get them out. I swear this happened.

Offline millermann1972

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:38:35 pm »
i am sorry to say you have a bigger idiot problem than me... :-D   THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.  millermann