Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TENJOOBERRYMUDS  (Read 2998 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
TENJOOBERRYMUDS
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:09:20 pm »
TENJOOBERRYMUDS

If you take the time to read this, and concentrate, you will be glad you did, as it will make it much easier to order breakfast anywhere in the United States...By the end of this email, you will understand the word in the subject line.....
ï
"TENJOOBERRYMUDS"...

This is a hoot ..... sad, because it is TRUE ..... but a hoot!!!!
By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND "TENJOOBERRYMUDS"...

In order to continue getting-by in America (our home land), we all need to learn the NEW English language! Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term "TENJOOBERRYMUDS".

With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in.
Now, here goes...

The following is a telephone exchange between maybe you as a hotel guest and call room-service somewhere in the good old USA today......

Room Service : "Morrin. Roon sirbees."

Guest : "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."

Room Service: " Rye. Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???"

Guest: "Uh..... Yes, I'd like to order bacon and eggs."

Room Service: "Ow July den?"

Guest: ".....What??"

Room Service: "Ow July den?!?... pryed, boyud, poochd?"

Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. scrambled, please."

Room Service: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"

Guest: "Crisp will be fine."

Room Service: "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"

Guest: "What?"

Room Service: "An toes. July Sahn toes?"

Guest: "I.... don't think so."

RoomService: "No? Judo wan sahn toes???"

Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."

RoomService: "Toes! Toes!....Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"

Guest: "Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'...  Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RoomService: "We bodder?"

Guest: "No, just put the bodder on the side."

RoomService: "Wad?!?"

Guest: "I mean butter... just put the butter on the side."

RoomService: "Copy?"

Guest: "Excuse me?"

RoomService: "Copy...tea..meel?"

Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please... and that's everything."

RoomService: "One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... rye??"

Guest: "Whatever you say."

RoomService: "Tenjooberrymuds."

Guest: "You're welcome"

Remember I said "By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS' "......and you do, don't you! 

And you thought you didn�t speak a foreign languag
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: TENJOOBERRYMUDS
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:12:58 pm »
now that's just sad. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:06:13 pm »
That wz gud.   I didt no yu spok a secnd lagwide.  8-)
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:50:55 pm »
?

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:48:19 am »
I will never vacation in India.  I would commit suicide before I was able to leave the country.  Seriously.  I find there accent and verbiage the most annoying on the planet.

I wonder how many people have stabbed them self with a fork or something, kicked there dog, smashed a chair, or whatever, after attempting to solve a problem with an Indian customer service representative out of shear frustration.

More than once I personally would have liked to reached over there, grabbed the guys head, and bounced it off his desk (being careful not to hurt the fella of course) several hundred times and say TENJOOBERRYMUDS!!!
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Boom Buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:41:22 pm »
 :lau: :lau:

Total funny, but true.  I have a friend who works in a five star hotel in Aspen.  He tells of a time walking down the hall and hears

Knock, knock, knock   " rooo  sers,  eyes!" 
The guest answers "what?"   
"rooo  sers, eeeyyyeees!"
Guest opens the door - What?  Sees a hotel employee holding a bucket of ice and says "oh, you have ice!"
Hotel employee - "yes,  I toal you,  rooo sers, eyes!"

:piano:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:52:25 pm »
Seriously.  I find there accent and verbiage the most annoying on the planet.

i really enjoy traveling, languages, and accents.  i don't have a real talent for picking up languages, but it's fun to learn.

what i don't like is calling verizon customer service, being put on hold for 30 minutes, and then being forwarded to India for help.  it's not that they couldn't speak English, their English was fine.  it was that i want customer service from the company i am paying, not someone they subcontract with to answer the phone and flip through a bunch of computer generated solutions that i have already tried. 

when, at the end of the problem (a month later) i get a bill from another verizon company for almost 400 dollars because i have gone over my alloted cell phone time while sitting on hold and talking to India, i get right angry off.

India is fine and has nice people.  verizon sucks and has bad customer service.  my verizon customer service should not come from the nice folks in India!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:58:20 pm »
I set up a customer service center in India (Mumbai - err, Bombay) for a financial services firm, and our staff selection criteria required them to have mastered the enunciation and pronunciation of English in Singapore (Singlish) and Australia - which was hard for those who were pulled off of US accounts, and had been using call-center-names such as Mable, Tom, Irene, Bob, Mary, David, Martha, etc.

Many of the centers support multiple clients by the same staff – with the number called causing the system to call up the right set of dialogues as well as the right language – Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and of course English.  It was quite impressive – both the technology and the staff who were generally trilingual.

When I have used call centers as a customer – I amused myself by asking what the weather is like there in Minneapolis, Kansas City, New York, Sioux Falls, etc. – because they generally will not know, and it gives away the game.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson