Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tiny little swarm 2/25/2011  (Read 4178 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Tiny little swarm 2/25/2011
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:10:28 am »
A little after swarm (virgin swarm) in Deltona, FL.

Deltona swarm 3-25-2011_0001.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
Re: Tiny little swarm 2/25/2011
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:04:17 am »
Good one!

Love the interaction.

This little swarm acted just like an early August swarm I got last year.

Jay

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:05:28 am »
And it just went out on You tube.   That was a very entertaining video.   I really hope that swarm makes it.   It is great seeing people that want "their"  bees to stay in the yard.  

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 11:32:00 am »
That swarm is waaay too small for you to mess with Scott. I think you should probably box all them small ones up and send em to me.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:13 am »
Box them or just stick them in an envelope and mail them?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:56:14 am »
Will finish watching this one later, but it looks good!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »
good job scott ,i like the hand technique :-D      ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 08:37:13 pm »
Will watch this later

Offline showme714

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 09:31:30 pm »
So around the 6:53 point where the lady says, I don't think they are African bees. Then you say, "I don't see a one of them carrying a spear." Are you racist and why do white people equate Africa with spear carrying natives if they aren't racist? I didn't find any humor in the remark. Do you think that there are no African Americans that may keep bees and be on this forum?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 09:42:20 pm »
the only African American i have ever met was white.  lighten up.

he could have made the same comment if she'd said she didn't think they were South American or Australian.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:51 pm »
Thanks for your comments folks, it's what makes the trouble taken to make these videos worthwhile!

showme714, I am absolutely not what one would consider "racist" and actually resent your trying to pull that card out. I grew up next to the largest self governed black community in the U.S. and most of my friends growing up were black, many of whom I'm still proud to call friends. I currently live in an area that is rich in ethnic diversity and have friends of all races, none of whom would have taken offense at that remark.

I do however apologize to you if this got your dander.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:08 am »
showme 714,how in the hell do you think that was a racist remark.people like yourself try and analyze everything that is said by people of other races and try to make it a racist thing.if a person other than black says the (N) word they are racist.if a white person shoots a black its racist.i guest you will get jessie jackson or al sharption,by the way are bigest racist people i know, to post on this fourm about racist people.so i guest im a racist person too by posting this,but let me tell you this i probability have more black friends than yourself.so with all that's said this is not a racist fourm.     schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline showme714

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 01:08:29 am »
Thanks for your comments folks, it's what makes the trouble taken to make these videos worthwhile!

showme714, I am absolutely not what one would consider "racist" and actually resent your trying to pull that card out. I grew up next to the largest self governed black community in the U.S. and most of my friends growing up were black, many of whom I'm still proud to call friends. I currently live in an area that is rich in ethnic diversity and have friends of all races, none of whom would have taken offense at that remark.

I do however apologize to you if this got your dander.

Hardwood thank you for your explanation of a question you didn't have to answer. You did so with class and I appreciate it.

Offline showme714

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:15 am »
showme 714,how in the hell do you think that was a racist remark.people like yourself try and analyze everything that is said by people of other races and try to make it a racist thing.if a person other than black says the (N) word they are racist.if a white person shoots a black its racist.i guest you will get jessie jackson or al sharption,by the way are bigest racist people i know, to post on this fourm about racist people.so i guest im a racist person too by posting this,but let me tell you this i probability have more black friends than yourself.so with all that's said this is not a racist fourm.     schawee

You know nothing about me except what I choose to reveal and even then you have no idea if it's true. You have no idea what race I am nor what people I'm like. My question was not directed at you. I didn't ask you how many Black friends you had yet you felt a need to tell me you probably have more than I. Hmmm? I never thought that this was a racist forum and didn't imply so by my question to Hardwood which he so graciously answered without all this questionable rhetoric you are putting out.

I'm a fan of your work and would like to remain so, so let's not get into a pissing contest. I'm moving on now.

Offline The Bix

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 01:56:39 am »
Ditto skflyfish, great job with the interaction/education.  I loved you're calm demeanor and confidence...both were key to the whole process on multiple levels.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 05:15:43 am »
showme, there's no pissing contest here either. welcome to the fourm and moving on.    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »
Box them or just stick them in an envelope and mail them?

Lol...

Yo Hardwood...

How in the heck did you survive growing up there with a haircut like that?  :jerry:

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:42 pm »
Yiks have to bump it up again. Life is hectic right now.